Unable to upload since March 24th

Hi

I have been unable to upload images since March 24th - they get stuck.  My previous submission was March 1st.  Has anyone successfully resolved a recent upload problem?  I have tried different images, browsers, removed the last Windows update, allowed for queues, switched off Kaspersky (other AV is free Malwarebytes) - all details emailed to "contributors" who've forwarded to I.T. who've asked the browser versions (Chrome V89.0.4389.90 & Edge 89.0.774.63).

In a look at all the image properties, I noticed that the first image of a batch of 5 sent in on March 24 showed a DPI (dots per inch) resolution of 797 each way.  Mine are either 300 or 180.  I had not altered that in my Photoshop Elements 11 workflow for that image (original was cropped/save as - not resized).

Help wanted!

Thanks

Chris

On 02/04/2021 at 10:05, Chris from Horley said:

Hi

I have been unable to upload images since March 24th - they get stuck.  My previous submission was March 1st.  Has anyone successfully resolved a recent upload problem?  I have tried different images, browsers, removed the last Windows update, allowed for queues, switched off Kaspersky (other AV is free Malwarebytes) - all details emailed to "contributors" who've forwarded to I.T. who've asked the browser versions (Chrome V89.0.4389.90 & Edge 89.0.774.63).

Chris I have the same problem as You, I did identical actions (but I did not remove last Windows update and did not check pictures DPI) - still upload does not work. Even I tried to upload older pictures already accepted by Alamy - still no result.

What I did today was to try upload on different PC - and ... upload is working on different machine. Strange.

I am confused because I am pretty sure that I did not change anything on my primary PC. I am in touch with Alamy support, If they figure out sth I will let you know.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2021 at 09:08, Lukasz Szczepanski said:

Chris I have the same problem as You, I did identical actions (but I did not remove last Windows update and did not check pictures DPI) - still upload does not work. Even I tried to upload older pictures already accepted by Alamy - still no result.

What I did today was to try upload on different PC - and ... upload is working on different machine. Strange.

I am confused because I am pretty sure that I did not change anything on my primary PC. I am in touch with Alamy support, If they figure out sth I will let you know.

Thanks, Lukasz, and glad you could submit on another PC.  If I too find the answer will let you know

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/04/2021 at 14:20, Chris from Horley said:

Thanks, Lukasz, and glad you could submit on another PC.  If I too find the answer will let you know

Chris

Hi Lucasz, my problem has been solved - it was related to my Kaspersky anti-virus.  I.T. sent me a workaround.  If you (and others who can't upload) have Kaspersky then email that to the contributors rep to ask IT for the workaround sheet, Chris

• Like 2