"Masters of the Air" filming in Oxfordshire

Thyrsis

Just to let those of you know that might be interested, some of ‘Masters of the Air’ is being filmed at Dalton Barracks near Abingdon from March. It’s the Tom Hanks and Stephen Spielberg follow up to Band of Brothers. It’s about bomber pilots of the American Eighth Air Force during WW2. They are currently recruiting locally for men from 17 to 30 as extras.

There will be some interesting aircraft around our skies!

• Like 3

Hopefully some of the flying scenes will take place up in the north of the county - I'm up near Chipping Norton! Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep my eyes peeled or might even be worth a wee trip in that direction for my daily exercise!

That's interesting, but I wonder what they'll use. The UK's only USAAF bomber - Sally B - doesn't normally come out of winter maintenance and begin crew training until April/May. A couple of DC-3s might be available.

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

That's interesting, but I wonder what they'll use. The UK's only USAAF bomber - Sally B - doesn't normally come out of winter maintenance and begin crew training until April/May. A couple of DC-3s might be available.

Filming is not due to start until April....

also from what I’ve read, most of the filming at Dalton will not be in the air. ☹️

Edited by Thyrsis

• 1 month later...

Aero Legends based at Headcorn, Kent: "Exciting news! Both of Aero Legends C47 Dakotas will be popping into North Weald airfield this Wednesday [gone] en route to another location to take part in a new blockbuster film. Such a rare sight these days to see one C47 flying let alone two together."

Hopefully anyone in the area may see some flying.

• 1 month later...