Sony RX100 for 'Table Top' work?

I've sold my DSLR systems and have been using my Sony RX100 for all my 'Summer' stock photography with excellent results.

Time to move indoors on a lot of days so I'm asking if any RX100 owners have used their camera for table top stuff.  If so - how did it work out for you and any tips?

Regards

John

Hi, I have done some table top stuff with my RX100 but not for Alamy.

Using ambient light, no flash, handheld only. ISO from 400 to 1600 at f8 most of the time.

Allan

I recently purchased the Sony RX100M2 to carry in my purse. I got some decent photos of the band 'The Rascals' performing a Broadway show here and cameras are always banned.

However at the beginning of the show they told people to shoot and tweet away.I was in the 2nd row and using the Sony  between 800-1600 and the light was not very good. I had to toss many but did get quite a few keepers.

It works well for macro;far better than 'macro' mode on my Fuji X Pro 1 with the 35mm 1.4 lens.

I've used it in restaurants for food shoots and it works well.

I can't figure out how to set up the wifi on this though!

L

My 5DIII and three lenses are now on eBay. I have an RX100 and have taken decent food shots in restaurants and used small LED panels at home with good results.

But I didn't entirely give up on SLRs. Right now the only one I have is the little Canon SL1/100D with the kit 18-55 55 STM lens and the new 55-250 STM, which are fine for what I do and far less strain on the back. In fact, the 18-55 is sharper in the corners on the crop body than the 24-105 is on the full-frame.

If I did not have clients and events I'd ditch the dslrs and work with a smaller system as well.

No fun lugging a big camera bag. In some instances my other smaller cameras do a better job than my full frame.

L

If I did not have clients and events I'd ditch the dslrs and work with a smaller system as well.

No fun lugging a big camera bag. In some instances my other smaller cameras do a better job than my full frame.

L

I've become a former event shooter, for the most part. And I figure I can alway rent a 5DIII and a lens or two if something comes up. I just uploaded a batch of images from my archives going back eight years although a few missed last night's update. Click my images, you'll find them interesting.

I also want to mention re the RX100 and tabletop, I generally use shutter priority and keep the speed up above 1/100. Sony's stabilization isn't quite as good as the Canon S series, so you can't let the shutter speed dip too low. Unless of course you have it on a tripod.

Archived