PA photographers' best pix...

John Morrison

I know a lot of these PA togs from my Downing Street work.  They are all good people, helpful and mostly kind.   They are good or excellent photographers with a passion for their art.  I was surprised that http://stefanrousseau.com/ was not on the list as he is the best political photographer in the UK and one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet.

But, I do reflect they are on a good wage, expenses and mostly an expensed car.  They are provided with a stream of jobs with inside information and access. I get $8 a pop for my newspaper print usage, I have to find my own stories, have to fight for access (and often fail) fund my own expenses.  I still love what I do.  Upwards and onwards!  Hoorays for Alamy Live News.  

• Love 3
  • Like 1

thanks.  Some great images, but i love the stories the most, the getting to Llandudno and not finding goats at first, haven't we all experienced that.  The pressure and stress Jonathan Baker felt of being the only photograph at highly publicised  event was a fascinating read.

5 hours ago, IanDavidson said:

I know a lot of these PA togs from my Downing Street work.  They are all good people, helpful and mostly kind.   They are good or excellent photographers with a passion for their art.  I was surprised that http://stefanrousseau.com/ was not on the list as he is the best political photographer in the UK and one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet.

But, I do reflect they are on a good wage, expenses and mostly an expensed car.  They are provided with a stream of jobs with inside information and access. I get $8 a pop for my newspaper print usage, I have to find my own stories, have to fight for access (and often fail) fund my own expenses.  I still love what I do.  Upwards and onwards!  Hoorays for Alamy Live News.  

I am with you Ian, though I don't do the daily stuff anymore.

Happy Holidays,

Chuck

• Thanks 1