Run off vote for the November 2020 Challenge - Photographers

wiskerke

Run off vote for the November 2020 Challenge - Photographers  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for one of these images:

• Abiyoyo - EBP9GR Woman taking a picture with her iPad of the nave of Siena Cathedral.
    • Bella - G1YERF Little girl playing with camera taking a photo.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/20 at 22:59

And if that looks odd, cogratulations to Bella for winning and congratulations to Jorge for coming so close. 

Jorge, I had a friend in Mallorca with your first name. I used to pronounce it correctly, but I fear that has damaged my throat. 🤒

• Love 3

Thank you all so much!! Thanks Wim for a great challenge and Abiyoyo for being my Run Off partner :)

I'm sorry that I've been late getting back in here. We have had two nights of crazy storms and both nights we lost power. I have been trying to clean up the mess the storm left. I entered the challenge for fun and didn't really think I would have to be setting the next one!! I will check out the previous challenges and decide on a theme.

• Love 4

14 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

And if that looks odd, cogratulations to Bella for winning and congratulations to Jorge for coming so close. 

Jorge, I had a friend in Mallorca with your first name. I used to pronounce it correctly, but I fear that has damaged my throat. 🤒

I know very well the difficulty of pronouncing my name from English speaking people that why here I an George 😀 easy and very common. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Abiyoyo said:

I know very well the difficulty of pronouncing my name from English speaking people that why here I an George 😀 easy and very common. 

I've always assumed you got Abiyoyo from this guy:

Pete Seeger banjo with 'This machine surrounds hate and forces it to surrender' - Stock Image

the children's song

(Your images always made me quite jealous.)

wim

• Love 2

10 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

Got you, George. Even typing out Jorge hurts my throat now. 

11 hours ago, wiskerke said:

I've always assumed you got Abiyoyo from this guy:

Pete Seeger banjo with 'This machine surrounds hate and forces it to surrender' - Stock Image

the children's song

(Your images always made me quite jealous.)

wim

Obviously, my heroes  at my youth, and now, were Phil Ochs, Bod Dylan, Pete and Woody.

Pete performing in Madrid in 1978 was my first concert ever, and my first musical poster as well. I was on holidays in 2012 in New England when I knew that Pete was attending a small folk festival in the New York state, I did not think twice and I drove straight to see him, although at that time I could not get his autograph as I did in Madrid. I was very lucky to get the abiyoyo.com domain as well.

g11-3.jpg?psid=1&width=565&height=392