Recaptcha is broken again

Will Alamy please get rid of the stupid recaptcha program. It is broken again and won't let me in to Alamy despite correctly clicking dozens of lousy images. It's a rotten system and needs to be replaced.

Edited by Russell

4 hours ago, Russell said:

Will Alamy please get rid of the stupid recaptcha program. It is broken again and won't let me in to Alamy despite correctly clicking dozens of lousy images. It's a rotten system and needs to be replaced.

Yup. Clicked on multiple squares of maybe 20 separate images - maybe 100 clicks just to log in. 🙄 😡

Something's going on in the Google world, 'cos it's not just here - I've had to do the same on two other sites today (where I needed access). Maybe multiple bots taking advantage of the Christmas shopping boom, trying to steal login details/passwords etc?

Please please please please Alamy get rid of this nonsense!!!!!!!!! I've wasted an hour today and hundreds of clicks and the ************ thing won't let me in. This is simply not good enough. GET RID OF IT.

Typical Google anti-trust behaviour. If I sign in to Alamy via Chrome rather than Firefox no recaptcha - I just then let Google steal all my private information. It's time government got Google under control. Meanwhile Alamy can do us all a fovour and get rid of recaptcha.

I've done some digging. Either Google has changed recaptcha or Alamy has modified their code to do more tracking of contributors.

My problem was down to a privacy add-in I run on Firefox. If I disable it no problem. If I enable it I can't login to the Dashboard. This is new behaviour, only happening in the last 24 hours or so. So I'd like to know who's made the change. Own up Alamy if it is you.

The privacy add-in is blocking three trackers at Dashboard sign-in:

- googletagmanager.com

- google.com

- d.impactradius-event.com

I'm pretty sure it's this last one that's causing the problem, though why it is necessary for Alamy to track their contributors is beyond me. Anyway, it's clear the issue is for Alamy to solve - however they decide to do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Russell said:

I've done some digging. Either Google has changed recaptcha or Alamy has modified their code to do more tracking of contributors.

My problem was down to a privacy add-in I run on Firefox. If I disable it no problem. If I enable it I can't login to the Dashboard. This is new behaviour, only happening in the last 24 hours or so. So I'd like to know who's made the change. Own up Alamy if it is you.

The privacy add-in is blocking three trackers at Dashboard sign-in:

- googletagmanager.com

- google.com

- d.impactradius-event.com

I'm pretty sure it's this last one that's causing the problem, though why it is necessary for Alamy to track their contributors is beyond me. Anyway, it's clear the issue is for Alamy to solve - however they decide to do it.

I have tracker protection turned off for discussion.alamy.com and I did this years ago.

Why not try it?

Edited by spacecadet

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

I have tracker protection turned off for discussion.alamy.com and I did this years ago.

Why not try it?

Spacecadet, the problem is not logging into discussion.alamy.com.As I said above the issue is logging into my Dashboard. Also as I said, if I disable tracker protection I can login (to the Dashboard). However, this is changed behaviour from the weekend. I assume Alamy have implemented an untested change and have not included proper error correction. If the tracker is blocked it should either ignore the problem or issue an appropriate diagnostic.