Portfolio management

Carolannne

Question

I am trying to update my portfolio page and although I have read the guidelines for moving images around to different galleries my page is not showing any options by the gallery tab regarding curating a gallery etc. I tried drag and drop and although I could drag I could not drop either into the same page or a gallery. Where are the menus for that please? Thanks to anyone who can help.

13 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Carolannne said:

I am trying to update my portfolio page and although I have read the guidelines for moving images around to different galleries my page is not showing any options by the gallery tab regarding curating a gallery etc. I tried drag and drop and although I could drag I could not drop either into the same page or a gallery. Where are the menus for that please? Thanks to anyone who can help.

As far as I know this is the only help there is:

Contributor Portfolio

Introduction:

You can now curate and share your Alamy image collection through your portfolio page. Your portfolio page will display your images and you can personalise it by adding a bio, profile photo and cover image.

How to share your portfolio:

You can share a link to your portfolio page by clicking on 'Share this portfolio' underneath your bio. The first time you share this you can personalise your URL, but once you've chosen your personalisation and shared the link you won't be able to change this again.

How to curate your first page:

Your first page will automatically be displayed with your most recent uploads at the top, but you can curate this.

You can move images around by using the 'drag and drop' feature and can move images to the top of the page by clicking 'move to top'. You'll find both features by hovering over the images with your mouse.

How to create galleries:

You can create a new gallery by clicking the '+' tab next to 'All Images'. To add images simply select 'curate gallery' which will bring up all images in your collection which you can search through and add by clicking 'add to gallery'.

Once you've added images to a gallery you can curate them how you would your first page.

How to share galleries:

Once you're in a gallery you can share a link to this by clicking on the 3 horizontal lines to the right of the gallery title and selecting 'share' from the dropdown menu.

The tool is not perfect. This text is behind that help button and it's probably the text you have read. Searching here on the forum for Contributor portfolio will bring up some help also, but a lot of talk about peoples portfolio too.

wim

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Normspics said:

There is no curate gallery button anymore wether logged in or not, so is the only solution now to create a new collection and add images and delete the existing collection to update it. 

I even don't see how to do that. It's been a while since I did mine.

While I was testing this just now, my page showed a box upload your images here. A bit like in the AIM. Weird. Now it's gone again.

wim

4 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

I even don't see how to do that. It's been a while since I did mine.

While I was testing this just now, my page showed a box upload your images here. A bit like in the AIM. Weird. Now it's gone again.

wim

I just tried my theory, I created a new gallery and there is no curate gallery link. So no making a new gallery doesn't work. Seems like adding to an existing gallery or creating a new gallery is disabled at the moment. I have sent support a question.

• Thanks 1

I am trying to personalize my portfolio page and unable to do this?

The visibility shows on and I see my photos in the gallery but I see

no "edit" buttons to personalize? Any tips to do this? 

2 hours ago, Mary said:

I am trying to personalize my portfolio page and unable to do this?

The visibility shows on and I see my photos in the gallery but I see

no "edit" buttons to personalize? Any tips to do this? 

The portfolio page is intended as a web page from which you can showcase your images to potential buyers or others from outside of Alamy by providing a link, for example, from your website or social media page. The idea is that you arrange specific images you want to showcase into galleries that you create on the portfolio page. Given that you only have 6 images on Alamy, it would seem very premature to be thinking about a portfolio page as it would look pretty bare. It would be better to concentrate on uploading a lot more images before you start thinking about a portfolio page here. If you want people to see your current collection you can just copy the URL for your entire collection: https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?&xstx=0&userid={724E5BB9-2B8C-491D-A8D1-C251C1F68A27}&name=Mary+Minton-Wilber+&st=12 

Edited by MDM
  • Love 1

Mary, I suspect you are seeing the public view. It has been ages since they first offered a portfolio page and I set mine up. It can be a handy way to show your friends what you are doing even if you are not at the point of being more professional with getting your images out there. It has been a long, long time since I've touched mine but when I went to my Dashboard and then "Go to your Alamy portfolio page" I was taken to a view that had boxes with blue links leading me to where I could edit. It looked pretty clear to me. As I recall, I had to use FireFox to add the photo at the top of the page as Safari couldn't do it. Be very careful when you add your name because I think you won't be able to change it.

Paulette

• Love 1

22 hours ago, MDM said:

The portfolio page is intended as a web page from which you can showcase your images to potential buyers or others from outside of Alamy by providing a link, for example, from your website or social media page. The idea is that you arrange specific images you want to showcase into galleries that you create on the portfolio page. Given that you only have 6 images on Alamy, it would seem very premature to be thinking about a portfolio page as it would look pretty bare. It would be better to concentrate on uploading a lot more images before you start thinking about a portfolio page here. If you want people to see your current collection you can just copy the URL for your entire collection: https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?&xstx=0&userid={724E5BB9-2B8C-491D-A8D1-C251C1F68A27}&name=Mary+Minton-Wilber+&st=12 

Thank you for this information. I just started submitting my images and will have many more. I appreciate the URL provided. 

22 hours ago, NYCat said:

Mary, I suspect you are seeing the public view. It has been ages since they first offered a portfolio page and I set mine up. It can be a handy way to show your friends what you are doing even if you are not at the point of being more professional with getting your images out there. It has been a long, long time since I've touched mine but when I went to my Dashboard and then "Go to your Alamy portfolio page" I was taken to a view that had boxes with blue links leading me to where I could edit. It looked pretty clear to me. As I recall, I had to use FireFox to add the photo at the top of the page as Safari couldn't do it. Be very careful when you add your name because I think you won't be able to change it.

Paulette

Hi Paulette, 

Thank you for the response.