How to delete a photo from the portfolio?

Vita

Question

Hello everyone! I accidentally entered wrong keywords to a photo, when I realized what I did I deleted it from my dashboard, but, for some reason its still on my portfolio and out on sale. First I though, oh well, maybe to give it a day or two and it will disappear, but no, its still there after almost a week...What should I do to remove that photo from my gallery, the keywords are all wrong.. Thank you for your help!!! Vita.

10 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Vita said:

Hello everyone! I accidentally entered wrong keywords to a photo, when I realized what I did I deleted it from my dashboard, but, for some reason its still on my portfolio and out on sale. First I though, oh well, maybe to give it a day or two and it will disappear, but no, its still there after almost a week...What should I do to remove that photo from my gallery, the keywords are all wrong.. Thank you for your help!!! Vita.

Hi Vita,

Once a photo is on sale, if you delete it, it will take 180 days to be removed from being on sale. 

You don't need to delete this photo. Just change the keywords for the photo on Alamy Image Manager. When the website refreshes (normally within 24 hours), the keywords will be changed.

Steve

• Thanks 1

But you cannot undelete a photo, if you would want to edit caption and keywords. Deletion is always the last thing to do.

In special cases you could ask Alamy to undelete a photo, they may be able to help.

Edited by Niels Quist
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve F said:

Hi Vita,

Once a photo is on sale, if you delete it, it will take 180 days to be removed from being on sale. 

You don't need to delete this photo. Just change the keywords for the photo on Alamy Image Manager. When the website refreshes (normally within 24 hours), the keywords will be changed.

Steve

Thank you Steve! Well I guess I have to send it again to be approved first, I already deleted it from the dashboard...thanks, so I know for the future!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

But you cannot undelete a photo, if you would want to edit caption and keywords. Deletion is always the last thing to do.

In special cases you could ask Alamy to undelete a photo, they may be able to help.

Thanks Neils!

8 hours ago, rickygui said:

KW, caption can be remove and key in new input again and again.

If I remember correctly, deleted pic will stay for 6 months on Alamy for potential sales. 

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, MizBrown said:

Send an email to contributors at alamy dot com, and ask them if it's possible to undelete this photograph.   Then if they can, change the keywords.

thank you, I'll try that too!