Jump to content
  • 0

Avatar image URL


Allan Bell
 Share

Question

I hope someone can help with this. Perhaps Edo may know how to do it as he often changes his avatar.

 

I posted my avatar image on a hosting website way back when in the early days of joining the original Alamy forums. At the time it was necessary so that I had a URL to insert the image into the forums from the contributor home page. It was so long ago I do not remember which hosting site it was and was hoping that by finding the URL of the image I may get back to that hosting site.

 

All I have tried has so far failed to produce the URL from the Image. Anyone help?

 

This is so that I can change my existing avatar for a new one for a while but also so I can return the existing avatar at a later date.

 

Thanks in advance for any input.

 

Allan  (puzzled)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
36 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I hope someone can help with this. Perhaps Edo may know how to do it as he often changes his avatar.

 

I posted my avatar image on a hosting website way back when in the early days of joining the original Alamy forums. At the time it was necessary so that I had a URL to insert the image into the forums from the contributor home page. It was so long ago I do not remember which hosting site it was and was hoping that by finding the URL of the image I may get back to that hosting site.

 

All I have tried has so far failed to produce the URL from the Image. Anyone help?

 

This is so that I can change my existing avatar for a new one for a while but also so I can return the existing avatar at a later date.

 

Thanks in advance for any input.

 

Allan  (puzzled)

 

"https://content.invisioncic.com/r229753/profile/photo-thumb-113.jpg" perchance?

I had to add the quotes to stop the image displaying .

Right click on the image and "copy link location".

You can just upload an avatar image, it doesn't have to be hosted.

Edited by spacecadet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Yes you upload by clicking on the existing image in the left corner of your profile. Here is the new socially responsible me with my Covid-19 face mask to help prevent whatever vileness comes out of my mouth reaching others 😎

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
18 hours ago, spacecadet said:

"https://content.invisioncic.com/r229753/profile/photo-thumb-113.jpg" perchance?

I had to add the quotes to stop the image displaying .

Right click on the image and "copy link location".

You can just upload an avatar image, it doesn't have to be hosted.

 

17 hours ago, MDM said:

Yes you upload by clicking on the existing image in the left corner of your profile. Here is the new socially responsible me with my Covid-19 face mask to help prevent whatever vileness comes out of my mouth reaching others 😎

 

Thank you both. When I uploaded my image on the old forums I believe we had to host the image elsewhere first.

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

 

Thank you both. When I uploaded my image on the old forums I believe we had to host the image elsewhere first.

 

Allan

 

Hang on a bit.

My avatar is also hosted at invisioncic. I certainly didn't upload it there. So I haven't helped you. Sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Hang on a bit.

My avatar is also hosted at invisioncic. I certainly didn't upload it there. So I haven't helped you. Sorry.

 

Maybe all avatars were moved to a new host site when Alamy moved over to the new forum supplier.

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
18 hours ago, MDM said:

Yes you upload by clicking on the existing image in the left corner of your profile. Here is the new socially responsible me with my Covid-19 face mask to help prevent whatever vileness comes out of my mouth reaching others 😎

 

Just a thought. When you upload a new avatar is the old one still held in the background in a file somewhere so it can be retrieved later.

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Just a thought. When you upload a new avatar is the old one still held in the background in a file somewhere so it can be retrieved later.

 

Allan

 

 

I don't imagine so. You can save the existing one by right clicking and hitting Save Image As. I have a 100 pixel square image of you sitting on my desktop now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 minutes ago, MDM said:

 

I don't imagine so. You can save the existing one by right clicking and hitting Save Image As. I have a 100 pixel square image of you sitting on my desktop now.

 

Try downloading your own: mine is 150x150 px.

 

wim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

 

Try downloading your own: mine is 150x150 px.

 

wim

 

That's strange. When I download your's, it is 100x100 pixels like Allan's. But mine is 112x112. The plot thickens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, MDM said:

 

That's strange. When I download your's, it is 100x100 pixels like Allan's. But mine is 112x112. The plot thickens.

 

So it's been resized here, but it's the original in our profile.

You probably uploaded yours as a 112x112 and I as a 150x150px.

 

wim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, MDM said:

 

I don't imagine so. You can save the existing one by right clicking and hitting Save Image As. I have a 100 pixel square image of you sitting on my desktop now.

 

Ouch!   That hurts.😮

 

Seriously thanks for the info.

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I found where I had hosted my image for the avatar. It was on Photobucket but so long ago that my account, not having been used for so long, has been scrapped. At the time it was free to place images on PB for hosting. PB don't host images on the cheaper alternative accounts now.

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
17 hours ago, MDM said:

 

I think I prefer the old one 😀.

 

I wish I was as young as my image with all the knowledge and experience of the intervening years.

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.