Images for sale with poor availability.

Oidige

Question

9 answers to this question

On 14/03/2020 at 17:33, Oidige said:

hello, can you help me on what to do to make my photos for sale more visible, on Alamy? Thank you

Upload more images, about 4 to 5,000 more, tag correctly and get some sales and your rank will increase!

John.

• Like 2

I've found some messages here saying there hasn't been a re-rank in ages. If that's true, anyone trying to make their images more visible, instead of letting the system just work, might not find any success in placement enhancement, after doing much fruitless effort.

How much does rank matter right now. My BHZ test is the same as it was probably ten years ago. My images show up just fine, because of Alamy diversity.

I'd rather work on better keywords, descriptions, and better images than spend time worrying about rank? Anyone care to correct my viewpoint or elaborate?

And yes I realize that page placement, towards the first pages, will make for better exposure. I'm saying that, I don't know that RANK is terribly meaningful or something that anyone can manipulate, or should be overly concerned about?

As written above this is a UK based agency, so all you titles and keywords have to be in english. And, as John said, add another 5000 well exposed, varied, and accurately keyworded photos. There is nothing quick about making money on Alamy.

Alamy will translate some of your keywords automatically, but I wouldn't count on that entirely. It's perhaps an unfair world, but searching for almost anything on any part of the web is almost entirely in English language. You seem to have a pretty good grasp on English though

Edited by Robert M Estall
  • Love 1

On 18/04/2020 at 04:28, Oidige said:

Thanks for the help. How not to have thought of it before. Good day

Just for some more help, a former thread on the same subject. Many more insights and comments.

Hi Oidige,

I think your title probably intended to say "Images for sale with poor DISCOVERABILITY"

I've recently found the answer after years of guessing.

1. Put 50 keywords for each photograph - I think it starts getting into the green with two orthree less than fifty. You can't put in more than 50.

2. Star ten of the kewords.

I think that will move your photo to the optimized category.

That is what the computer thinks. I am hoping that optimized photos really ARE more discoverable.

2 hours ago, yanmac said:

I am hoping that optimized photos really ARE more discoverable

They will appear in more searches initially. But if your keywords aren't relevant, then it will hurt your CTR% which (if and when Alamy do a rerank) may hurt your Alamy rank which will demote your images in searches. Only use relevant keywords. Ignore the Discoverability index.

Mark