Types of Photo Files.

Jose Decio Molaro

Yiu need to submit JPEGS not raw. The colour space is not important as Alamy convert all JPEGs to sRGB regardless of how they are tagged. Alamy used to advise submitting JPEGs in AdobeRGB as it is a bigger colour space than sRGB but they no longer advise that. 

Edited by MDM
  • Love 1

I'm wondering, Michael, if outside of Alamy's newish flexibility with sRGB and AdobeRGB, the larger space is still better? AdobeRGB used to be preferred by the American magazine world. 

Good luck at Alamy, Jose. 

6 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'm wondering, Michael, if outside of Alamy's newish flexibility with sRGB and AdobeRGB, the larger space is still better? AdobeRGB used to be preferred by the American magazine world. 

Good luck at Alamy, Jose. 

I work in AdobeRGB and let Alamy do what they want with the files. AdobeRGB is a much bigger colour space so it doesn't make sense to me to throw away most of the information in files that may have multiple uses beyond submitting to Alamy. I think Alamy have changed as most usage of images is now online I believe. However, AdobeRGB is still the industry standard and wide monitors are becoming much more common. 

No doubt Mark C will be along soon to argue his case for sRGB but I have neither the time nor energy to get involved in that one. 😀

Edited by MDM

You can’t upload raw files. You don’t need to prove ownership unless there was a dispute and that would not involve sending raw files to Alamy. 

• Love 1