The problem local to me is idiots who think 4x4s are somehow resistant to cross flow.  A causeway floods - depth wise it should not be a problem even for little hatchbacks, but the water flows from one side of the road to the other.  Hard.  Hatchback drivers tend to look at the water and decide not to chance it - 4x4 drivers develop pretentions of "survival out in the rugged wilds"  with "this is what we have 4x4 for" and do risk it.  Then have to be recovered when the water promptly pushes them off the side.

I love my off roaders but they do have to be used properly.

I wonder how many of the drivers that braved the seafront flooding understand the corrosive properties of salt water?

2AXHM61.jpg

As an aside, this is an image passed QC and tagged on the 12th ready for sale on 13 Feb but still waiting for the database to update 😞

Edited by Avpics

11 hours ago, Avpics said:

As an aside, this is an image passed QC and tagged on the 12th ready for sale on 13 Feb but still waiting for the database to update 😞

Someone in AoA has searched for seaside flooding in the last few days. My images may not have won, but I would welcome the chance to take part @Alamy

Edited by Avpics
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Avpics said:

I wonder how many of the drivers that braved the seafront flooding understand the corrosive properties of salt water?

2AXHM61.jpg

Had to do the brakes on a boat trailer used for launching into the sea - the trailer now gets a more thorough wash off than the boat does after retrieve.  Boats are designed to sit in the salty stuff - cars and trailers not so much.