Nested galleries on photo sites

geogphotos

10 hours ago, Panthera tigris said:

As far as I can figure their database hierarchy was written top down, so one can have "collections - galleries - images" but one cannot move an image in the hierarchy (or I have not been able to figure it yet), my problem is wildlife taxonomy - i.e. "mammals-big cats-species" I want to be able to mix images and galleries at the lower level so if I have say one picture of a fire cat that would in the species gallery level But if I have 5 pics of a indochinese tiger then I want to have just one pic of an indochinese tiger (in species gallery) thats actually a gallery node and own you click you would see the five pics. SO I am stuck trying to come fit how I want it to display within their structure rather than my own.

Lets also hope they sort out their SEO problems as well as that continues to frustrate me as well.

OTH Archive

That is wonderful work you are doing for wildlife. Thank you.

Paulette

• 3 weeks later...

On a much more mundane level  ( compared with Panthera tigris) I have setup a few Collections with Galleries inside them. The one for Suffolk churches now has c 200 galleries.

And there's a couple of other collections too - Spain, Portugal, Sri Lanka.

I would prefer it if when you click on Suffolk Churches it opened up thumbnails, one for each gallery, but that is not happening - its goes straight to all the pics in the first listed gallery. The answer must be there somewhere. It normally is.

Nowhere near finished but that's life.

www.geographyphotos.com

Edited by geogphotos

On 24/02/2020 at 23:03, geogphotos said:

I would prefer it if when you click on Suffolk Churches it opened up thumbnails, one for each gallery, but that is not happening - its goes straight to all the pics in the first listed gallery. The answer must be there somewhere. It normally is.

Nowhere near finished but that's life.

www.geographyphotos.com

Yeh thats one of the issues with the templates being so structured and having a "display" side and an "archive side"". To do that you would need to remove the menu items and build a manual menu in the site builder pointing to the archive items i.e to this https://www.geographyphotos.com/archive (then you can build out the menu items below that manually if you want). 

Sites looks well though!!

Edited by Panthera tigris

17 hours ago, Panthera tigris said:

Yeh thats one of the issues with the templates being so structured and having a "display" side and an "archive side"". To do that you would need to remove the menu items and build a manual menu in the site builder pointing to the archive items i.e to this https://www.geographyphotos.com/archive (then you can build out the menu items below that manually if you want). 

Sites looks well though!!

Thanks I have used this workaround. Very helpful.

Lawrenson - many more galleries from Spain to come . I did like Almeria.