The New Apple iPads . . . ?

Ed Rooney

Question

I have an iPad mini, the first edition. Can't do much on it. It doesn't seem to since up with my other Apple gear or be part of the iCloud sharing of data. I can play Virtual Pool on it and read an ebook. Not much else. Would the newer iPads let me upload images to Alamy? And what other photo uses would I get? I have Adobe CC.

Thanks, Edo

Ed, I wanted to tell you that I just now logged onto Amazon Prime on my iPad. I chose “Downton Abbey” and began playing the video. It began playing smoothly.

I’m not a tech, so I have no idea how my particular connection allows smooth video compared to your connection. I don’t understand how any of that works.

Just wanted you to know what I can watch. If connections (upload, download) don’t count, the one you are looking at should be fine for watching videos.

Something else I do....since moving to Wichita from Oklahoma City, I managed to connect up to the channel I watched in Oklahoma. I sometimes want to watch the weather, news and sports there, which is better than the coverage here. When the Oklahoma channel has a commercial break, a sign comes up saying “We’ll Be Right Back” lasting until the broadcast returns.

Betty

edited to add, I have no clue about whether working and uploading stock would work. I’ll not try that.

Edited by Betty LaRue

7 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Ed, I wanted to tell you that I just now logged onto Amazon Prime on my iPad. I chose “Downton Abbey” and began playing the video. It began playing smoothly.

I’m not a tech, so I have no idea how my particular connection allows smooth video compared to your connection. I don’t understand how any of that works.

Just wanted you to know what I can watch. If connections (upload, download) don’t count, the one you are looking at should be fine for watching videos.

Something else I do....since moving to Wichita from Oklahoma City, I managed to connect up to the channel I watched in Oklahoma. I sometimes want to watch the weather, news and sports there, which is better than the coverage here. When the Oklahoma channel has a commercial break, a sign comes up saying “We’ll Be Right Back” lasting until the broadcast returns.

Betty

edited to add, I have no clue about whether working and uploading stock would work. I’ll not try that.

Streaming is far less processor intensive than image editing and depends mainly on the speed of your broadband which is a problem for Edo. That is why he is considering the cellular iPad. 

Try installing Lightroom Mobile from the App Store and have a play with it. All features are free since you already have the CC package. That will give you a much better idea of what can be done with your model. 

5 minutes ago, MDM said:

Streaming is far less processor intensive than image editing and depends mainly on the speed of your broadband which is a problem for Edo. That is why he is considering the cellular iPad. 

Try installing Lightroom Mobile from the App Store and have a play with it. All features are free since you already have the CC package. That will give you a much better idea of what can be done with your model. 

Mick, there’s no need, because I’ll never use my iPad for that. Like you, I’m happy to do that part on my iMac. The only reason to try would be to see if a non-pro iPad would work specifically for Ed, but I don’t want to do try it out on mine, which in any regard wouldn’t be the exact model Ed is considering.  In fact, the whole idea gives me the heebie jeebies!

Now see what you’ve done! You’ve given me a headache just contemplating it! :D

Edited by Betty LaRue

7 minutes ago, MDM said:

Trying new things keeps you young though Betty. Gets the brain active and it is a real feelgood experience when you figure it out. I will say no more 😀

🤐 

I try new things with my art all of the time. Just delivered...two new art pens so I can try pen and wash. (Watercolor wash) now to open the box and see what I have....

57 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

🤐

I try new things with my art all of the time. Just delivered...two new art pens so I can try pen and wash. (Watercolor wash) now to open the box and see what I have....

Good on ya. I am useless at drawing and painting. Always have been. Discovering photography was a huge thing for me as it allowed me to express the artist in me. 

I'm leaning towards buying none of the 5 very expensive iPads Apple has to offer.

It's been a long time since I had Amazon Prime and Netflix. I wonder how one gets to watch a film or TV show? Is it steaming as you watch or do you download it first and then have a day to watch? If it's the later, I can download at the Apple Store. I have two MacBooks. 

Edo