Frustrated!

tinyninjacat

Question

Hello All:) Over the past few days of trying to manoeuvre around the Alamy site, I've done a reasonable imitation of Daffy Duck...who would have probably 

thrown his laptop out the window in a fit of grand annoyance, with steam coming out of his ears!:) Prior to all of that I read everything available on how to

get around the site, submit photos, etc.. Nobody likes to look stupid, or like they haven't done their homework; for some reason, I'm finding it difficult to move

around Alamy's site. A few minutes ago, I tried submitting another 3 photos that were rejected because of the 2 accompanying photos...I wound up submitting

only 1 of the 3! Twice!!

Any pointers would be appreciated!:)

Thanks! 

7 answers to this question

I take it you mean that you tried to upload 3 but only one of them uploaded and for some reason the other two didn't. Then you uploaded again and only one uploaded.  Then when you tried again it wouldn't let you upload 3 as you already had uploaded two.

If that is the fact, then just upload the one that didn't make it.  Or delete the two from the Image manager and start all over again.

Did I get that right?

Jill

1 hour ago, Jill Morgan said:

I take it you mean that you tried to upload 3 but only one of them uploaded and for some reason the other two didn't. Then you uploaded again and only one uploaded.  Then when you tried again it wouldn't let you upload 3 as you already had uploaded two.

If that is the fact, then just upload the one that didn't make it.  Or delete the two from the Image manager and start all over again.

Did I get that right?

Jill

Yeeaah…:) Kind of.. I uploaded the same photo twice - I couldn't figure out how to delete them, though. So I'll go to Image manager & delete them, then upload the trio again...

Wish me luck..lol..& thank-you..

58 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Did an error message come up on the two that didn't upload, such as being too small?

No..:) I know what that's all about... I thought I had the 3 photos...batched, so to speak, but only the one loaded.

The site automatically rejects images that aren't large enough even before the QC team sees them. Had a couple rejected that way when I've taken my eye off the ball...

I've found that uploading by FTP is far more reliable than the built in upload tool on the site, which has never worked properly for me.

12 hours ago, Scenebyrail said:

The site automatically rejects images that aren't large enough even before the QC team sees them. Had a couple rejected that way when I've taken my eye off the ball...

I've found that uploading by FTP is far more reliable than the built in upload tool on the site, which has never worked properly for me.

Whereas I've never used FTP and never had a problem with the upload tool.

• Like 1