Cryptoprocta

Name field showing in some searches?

Question

My surname is Leyden, which is a perfectly acceptable alternate spelling for the Dutch city also spelled Leiden.

I understood that the name field did not feature in a general search, yet today when I was idly looking at my Measures since Thursday, I noticed the search LEYDEN for which I had 494 hits.

So I chose one which had been searched and I'm blasted if I can see Leyden anywhere other than the name field.

https://tinyurl.com/yyapp84s

and just in case you think it was a keywords which isn't shown on the file page, of which there are many, here's a screendump of all my keywords from IM:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4p4xjqrwh69mp9/NotLeyden.jpg?dl=0

Anyone got any ideas? That's going to hit my CTR a serious whack, not to mention p*ssing off potential buyers by showing them irrelevant files.

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

My surname is Leyden, which is a perfectly acceptable alternate spelling for the Dutch city also spelled Leiden.

I understood that the name field did not feature in a general search, yet today when I was idly looking at my Measures since Thursday, I noticed the search LEYDEN for which I had 494 hits.

So I chose one which had been searched and I'm blasted if I can see Leyden anywhere other than the name field.

https://tinyurl.com/yyapp84s

and just in case you think it was a keywords which isn't shown on the file page, of which there are many, here's a screendump of all my keywords from IM:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4p4xjqrwh69mp9/NotLeyden.jpg?dl=0

Anyone got any ideas? That's going to hit my CTR a serious whack, not to mention p*ssing off potential buyers by showing them irrelevant files.

I have tried to replicate a regular search and also did a a search on AoA. Yes the ones that have been reported here seem to have been recorded in AoA, but no it's not possible to replicate such a search at the moment.

It could be a coincidence however.

Still, if this should pop up again, I strongly suggest contacting Tech.

For now I think we may declare this a glitch.

Sometimes however glitches have allowed us a sneak preview of what's to come.

wim

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, wiskerke said:

I have tried to replicate a regular search and also did a a search on AoA. Yes the ones that have been reported here seem to have been recorded in AoA, but no it's not possible to replicate such a search at the moment.

It could be a coincidence however.

Still, if this should pop up again, I strongly suggest contacting Tech.

For now I think we may declare this a glitch.

Sometimes however glitches have allowed us a sneak preview of what's to come.

wim

Thanks. Let's hope it's just a glitch.

Avpics [PH] 100 1 1 0 1.00 100 1 1.00

So, presumably the page was set to show 100 images and they've looked at the first page, and zoomed one.

19 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Anyone got any ideas?

Is it worth mentioning to Alamy, in case there is some sort of a 'hack', or indeed, and less dramatically, a bug ?

1 minute ago, Avpics said:

So, presumably the page was set to show 100 images and they've looked at the first page, and zoomed one.

Huh? Was there a deleted post I missed?

2 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Huh? Was there a deleted post I missed?

It's me, I'm having two conversations! 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Avpics said:

This is odd: I clicked on the link you posted. It came up with all the images that appeared in the search, so I clicked on the first one that had the zoom (its a nice image as thumbnail, and I can see why someone would want to zoom). The stage thing is I was taken to my own page where the note 'no images found' came up ...

Edited by BidC

I didn't expect the links to work, just wanted to illustrate the numbers really. Just adding to the confusion!

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

I didn't expect the links to work, just wanted to illustrate the numbers really. Just adding to the confusion!

😀