Creating a unique link to my Alamy photos

kewphoto

Question

I am a contributor with Alamy and want to send clients a link so they can go directly to all my photos with Alamy. I have spent over an hour trying to find a solution to this but have not had a result.

How do I create this link? 

10 answers to this question

Below your avatar on this forum you will see 'images: 547'.  Click on the number and it will take you to all your images.  Copy the resulting link from your browser, like this....

https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?&xstx=0&userid={BB420B65-C157-4CDD-9692-CCB0D252684E}&name=Chris+Kewish&st=12

Edit - or if you want a shorter version I use TinyURL -  https://tinyurl.com/yyo5dyyo

Edited by Vincent Lowe

The Portfolio route is probably the way to go, that's what Alamy have designed it for though in my view it could do with some development to make it less clunky. You'll find it in your dashboard under "Your Alamy Portfolio page" at the bottom. Probably best to read what you can on the forum because I think that you just have the one chance to create a personalised  link to it before accepting the Alamy default. You can divide it into different pages, re-order the images (that's the clunky bit), put in a header etc.

Otherwise clicking on the number in blue under your name on here gives you this:

https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?&xstx=0&userid={BB420B65-C157-4CDD-9692-CCB0D252684E}&name=Chris+Kewish&st=12

Similarly if you bring up one of your own images and click on your name that will also work though I think in that case if you have different pseudonyms that only brings up the images in that pseudonym.

44 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Just fyi, that link took me to my own lightbox, so there must be something else going on with the link, I imagine (hope) that it doesn't do that for everyone!

The same link takes me to mine too...

Best way I've found to share a Lightbox is to send via email using the button provided. Then, if I want the URL, I harvest it from the email and not from the browser when I'm looking at my own lightbox.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

23 hours ago, kewphoto said:

I am a contributor with Alamy and want to send clients a link so they can go directly to all my photos with Alamy. I have spent over an hour trying to find a solution to this but have not had a result.

How do I create this link? 

There is a link to your portfolio page within 'My Alamy' (above Measures, I believe)

2 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Just fyi, that link took me to my own lightbox, so there must be something else going on with the link, I imagine (hope) that it doesn't do that for everyone!

Tok me to mine as well 😀

4 minutes ago, BidC said:

There is a link to your portfolio page within 'My Alamy' (above Measures, I believe)

Yes, that takes you to your own Portfolio for editing. Then to provide a link to share you select 'Share your portfolio" and here is where you can enter your own unique portfolio ID. I wasn't sure because I haven't done it for mine. As Alamy say "Your ID will be used to personalize your portfolio URL. Choose carefully: once set it can't be changed."