Extracting file names

Does anyone know of any free software that will extract file names from a batch of TIF and/or JPEG images and turn them into a printable text document?

I believe that I had a program like this years ago, but I can't remember the name of it.

17 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

You mean something like this:

Windows

Mac

wim

edit: windows apps here

Thanks very much. Sounds like the method given in the "windows apps" might work. I was able to find the Command Prompt (Windows 7) easily enough, but I got stuck at the next step -- i.e. "Use the cd command to navigate to the directory you want to print." DOS commands drove me crazy, and I haven't used them in years.

8 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Thanks very much. Sounds like the method given in the "windows apps" might work. I was able to find the Command Prompt (Windows 7) easily enough, but I got stuck at the next step -- i.e. "Use the cd command to navigate to the directory you want to print." DOS commands drove me crazy, and I haven't used them in years.

OUT OF MEMORY: RUN ALZHEIMER.COM? (Y/N)

Y

Candela! Compact Disc! Creative Director!

Ah cd: change directory. (and 250 other meanings)

wim

• Love 1

Ah, this is where being a programmer helps! I often find I have little tasks such as this that would save me time if automated. It would probably take me a couple of minutes to knock up a Perl script to do this.

Alan

8 hours ago, wiskerke said:

OUT OF MEMORY: RUN ALZHEIMER.COM? (Y/N)

Y

Candela! Compact Disc! Creative Director!

Ah cd: change directory. (and 250 other meanings)

wim

Thanks for the link. I actually remembered that "cd" means "change directory". Now, what was the question I asked?

• Love 2