Photo gets published in newspaper, month earlier; but not updated as sales on Alamy Dashboard

wassup6730

Question

Greetings,

Hi everyone...

Was checking as time pass, that which of my photo are being used and where, and found ONE getting published in a newspaper article on 09 April 2019. To my great surprise, the said sale was not updated on the My Alamy dashboard.

I checked the Alamy FAQ as well and they have said that they update the sales in dashboard as it happens, whereas cleared balance gets updated later on.

The newspaper in the photo captions has given the credit also as wassup6730/Alamy

wassup6730 is my username.

Anyone else has experienced the same. I am new to Alamy and this would be my second sale. Got one sale earlier this January. That one was downloaded in January and was updated in Dashboard as the sale happened.

Please guide and help.

Thanks for help.

7 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, wassup6730 said:

NS is newspaper, if I am not wrong...

Thanks for ur time...

Newspaper Scheme, yes. Users self-report their uses. Some are good, some not so good. The Guardian is as I stated, others can take 6 months.

Alamy ask you not to bother them unless it isn't reported for 3 months.

Edited by spacecadet

Sales don't get reported anywhere 'as they happen'. They get reported when they are invoiced by Alamy, which can be a while after publication. The money turns up later, when the invoice has cleared.

As said above, most papers report in the last couple of days in the month - the same month if you are lucky, more commonly the following one.

But making any sales at all with only 140 images online is quite amazing

Edited by Phil Robinson

10 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

NS sales are not usually reported until the end of the following month at the earliest.

NS is newspaper, if I am not wrong...

Thanks for ur time...

32 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Newspaper Scheme, yes. Users self-report their uses. Some are good, some not so good. The Guardian is as I stated, others can take 6 months.

Alamy ask you not to bother them unless it isn't reported for 3 months.

Thanks, you explained really well...

Mine is used by The Guardian..

Hoping it to reflect in the sales by the end of this month...

3 months is OK to wait for, but 6 months is too much...

• Love 1

The Guardian is quite good as newspapers go. As in other posts, my Guardian sales have been notified in the last few days of the month following use. All have shown up in a Google image search. Wish they paid more though.

On 11/05/2019 at 21:33, Phil Robinson said:

Sales don't get reported anywhere 'as they happen'. They get reported when they are invoiced by Alamy, which can be a while after publication. The money turns up later, when the invoice has cleared.

As said above, most papers report in the last couple of days in the month - the same month if you are lucky, more commonly the following one.

But making any sales at all with only 140 images online is quite amazing

thanks mate for the reply.. the photo got published in mid April... So i'm hoping to get it reflect in my dashboard on last few days of this month i.e. May....

Thanks for the compliment too.. This if reported, will be the 3rd sale... but in 8 months lol..