Where and how to set portfolio URL

Mobster

Question

Hello all,

I was wondering where in Alamy a contributor can see and change his/her portfolio URL. I see some folks' URL is intuitive, i.e. "https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/artist" and some others' it's long and not intuitive at all. Thanks in advance. I still don't know where to find my own. 

9 answers to this question

Open your Dashboard. Open the "Your Alamy portfolio page" tab. Click "Go to your Alamy portfolio page". If you haven't done the setup yet, click "Get help setting up your page" for instructions. Once set up, click "Share this portfolio" to get the URL (which you had the opportunity to set in the previous steps).

Yes, the instructions stated that you had to choose the url you wanted when you first set up your port, as it would be set in stone from then onwards. But many have questioned just how useful the port feature is to attracting sales anyway.

On 30/04/2019 at 02:57, Niels Quist said:

You cannot.

When this portfolio thing started I gave it a go, and I remember from one of the first stages a warning that this name could not be changed later on.

Just to avoid confusion, you can actually change the URL after setting up the page. The page uses a temporary URL until you give the portfolio a name. Once you pick the name, you can't change it, but I used mine for months without picking a name.

I find the portfolio page url most useful.  I use it in the “signature” on my work emails, particularly when applying for accreditation.  It shows an up to date example of my live news work.

it was clear on the portfolio instructions that once a name was chosen it was for life (so to speak)

• Like 1

On 29/04/2019 at 23:57, Niels Quist said:

You cannot.

When this portfolio thing started I gave it a go, and I remember from one of the first stages a warning that this name could not be changed later on.

If you never gave it a name when you set it up, you can still do it.  I just checked mine, which is set up, and it will let me name it ONCE.

11 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

If you never gave it a name when you set it up, you can still do it.  I just checked mine, which is set up, and it will let me name it ONCE.

I really thought the original poster had been through this.

On 27/04/2019 at 22:10, Mobster said:

Hello all,

I was wondering where in Alamy a contributor can see and change his/her portfolio URL. I see some folks' URL is intuitive, i.e. "https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/artist" and some others' it's long and not intuitive at all. Thanks in advance. I still don't know where to find my own. 

You cannot.