It seems my total revenues on Alamy started to decline as soon as i converted quite all my pics to RF.

I only left some pics to RM whose are the ones which sell better at the moment.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Edited by KODAKovic

Interesting question. I often wonder if buyers don't tend to put more value on RM images given they are something of a novelty these days. I currently have only about 460 images marked as RF, and they seldom sell (most likely due to subject matter). When they do, the licensing terms usually look more like RM than RF ones, so I could probably have left them as RM. It gets confusing...

• Like 1

Most of my portfolio is RM (about 96%)

A few days ago, I had my first RF sale (the steel drums) for $50. I think it was sold due more to the subject matter rather than it being RF.

Just my opinion.

What is strange to me is that my zooms increased when i changed to RF but sales decreased.

My conclusion is that potential buyers were interested to those pics but at the end they didn't buy 'cause RF was not so appealing.

Am i wrong?

Edited by KODAKovic

16 minutes ago, David Pimborough said:

The sad thing is that often the RF items sell for higher prices.

Thats normal , it's the reason because i tried to convert them all to RF but my test failed

10 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

What is strange to me is that my zooms increased when i changed to RF but sales decreased.

My conclusion is that potential buyers were interested to those pics but at the end they didn't buy 'cause RF was not so appealing.

Am i wrong?

Were most of your zoomed RF images "exclusive" to Alamy? If not, I suppose, some buyers could have gone looking for them elsewhere as RF images often get spread around to micros, etc.

14 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Were most of your zoomed RF images "exclusive" to Alamy? If not, I suppose, some buyers could have gone looking for them elsewhere as RF images often get spread around to micros, etc.

No, these RFs are not exclusive to Alamy

• 1 month later...
On 09/04/2019 at 21:02, cksisson said:

Thanks for everyone's thoughts on this. I just converted 403 images back to rights-managed. We'll see how it goes. 

Whenever i did myself, i started to sell "old" $$$ like 105$ RM (today, b&w image)

• Love 1