Annoying Adobe Notification

I have just started getting annoying pop up notifications from Adobe telling me that I am running non-genuine software in Lightroom.  I haven't changed anything about LR recently but I am running the Alamy Lightroom Bridge plugin plus a FTP plugin.  Those are the only non Adobe plugins.  The notification takes me to a page where it says I should see details of what the problem is but there isnt any further information.  Any ideas how to block this (nothing useful in a search that I could find) or resolve the issue. I don't know which plugin is causing the problem.

I have very similar softwae, but no pop-ups. I suggest that you first disable all your plugins in the plugin manager and see if the problem goes away. Then re-enable them one by one and see if it returns.

If it does, reload & reinstall that plugin.

18 hours ago, Russell said:

I have very similar softwae, but no pop-ups. I suggest that you first disable all your plugins in the plugin manager and see if the problem goes away. Then re-enable them one by one and see if it returns.

If it does, reload & reinstall that plugin.

I have disabled each plugin in turn, then removed all of them and it is still happening!  I guess I will have to get in touch with adobe.

EDIT: After nearly an hour on the phone to Adobe and speaking in turn to 5 different advisors, this problem may finally be sorted.  I was told that it is actually a problem at their end and that this notification will be removed within 12 hours from all customers.  To get it removed now involves deleting LR, reinstalling it, cleaning up old cache/logs etc and renaming some adobe folders. Still downloading LR again, so hopefully it will all be sorted once it restarts.

2 hours ago, Sally said:

I have disabled each plugin in turn, then removed all of them and it is still happening!  I guess I will have to get in touch with adobe.

EDIT: After nearly an hour on the phone to Adobe and speaking in turn to 5 different advisors, this problem may finally be sorted.  I was told that it is actually a problem at their end and that this notification will be removed within 12 hours from all customers.  To get it removed now involves deleting LR, reinstalling it, cleaning up old cache/logs etc and renaming some adobe folders. Still downloading LR again, so hopefully it will all be sorted once it restarts.

Update: so that's most of my afternoon wasted trying to get this fixed.  It didn't work so Adobe have had to upgrade it to a higher priority. Pretty much makes LR unuseable. Not a problem on my macbook, though.

Good grief!

And that’s after them double charging me for a few months!

Followed by CC not opening up at all, and much time spent on the phone getting THAT sorted.

Maybe they are cutting costs by hiring school children to run the operation. It seems strange after always operating perfectly, to suddenly operating like they just started and haven’t yet got the bugs out.

Betty

2 hours ago, Sally said:

Update: so that's most of my afternoon wasted trying to get this fixed.  It didn't work so Adobe have had to upgrade it to a higher priority. Pretty much makes LR unuseable. Not a problem on my macbook, though.

In general you are much better asking these sorts of questions in a good user forum than expecting customer support to give you a sensible answer these days, moreover if the problem might relate to an external plugin. Customer support people are usually not experts but are set up to help with basic questions and resolve problems with accounts and the like. I would suggest asking on the Lightroom Queen forums as these guys and gals really know their stuff and are always very helpful. 

You haven't said which OS and version of Lightroom you are using by the way. Those are very important.

1 hour ago, MDM said:

In general you are much better asking these sorts of questions in a good user forum than expecting customer support to give you a sensible answer these days, moreover if the problem might relate to an external plugin. Customer support people are usually not experts but are set up to help with basic questions and resolve problems with accounts and the like. I would suggest asking on the Lightroom Queen forums as these guys and gals really know their stuff and are always very helpful. 

You haven't said which OS and version of Lightroom you are using by the way. Those are very important.

You're right. I have used LR Queen before, but will post a question there.  A thorough search did not reveal much in the way of any helpful fixes for this. Using the standalone version 6.14 on Mojave.

Edit: Just looked on the LR Queen forum and the helpful response is

It does sound like it's being a little overzealous. I'd give Adobe a call so they can help fix it.” !!!

1 hour ago, MDM said:

In general you are much better asking these sorts of questions in a good user forum than expecting customer support to give you a sensible answer these days, moreover if the problem might relate to an external plugin.

Adobe confirmed that this is a glitch at their end and actually nothing to do with plugins, none of which I have recently changed. 

The cynical bit of me wonders if this is a way to get folk to buy the monthly subscription. It seems only to be a problem with the standalone version.

12 hours ago, Sally said:

Adobe confirmed that this is a glitch at their end and actually nothing to do with plugins, none of which I have recently changed. 

The cynical bit of me wonders if this is a way to get folk to buy the monthly subscription. It seems only to be a problem with the standalone version.

It sounds like a problem with running LR6 on Mojave and I would not be overly cynical as Adobe have clearly stopped supporting LR6 and there is no expectation that they are going to update it to be compatible with newer operating systems. To be honest, there have been so many advances in LRCC in terms of features and performance that it is really worth biting the bullet and subscribing. If you value your time at all, then the performance improvements alone are well worth £120 a year in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, MDM said:

It sounds like a problem with running LR6 on Mojave and I would not be overly cynical as Adobe have clearly stopped supporting LR6 and there is no expectation that they are going to update it to be compatible with newer operating systems. To be honest, there have been so many advances in LRCC in terms of features and performance that it is really worth biting the bullet and subscribing. If you value your time at all, then the performance improvements alone are well worth £120 a year in my opinion. 

Yes, thanks. I have been putting off biting that bullet for some time. The initial £100 over more than 2 years has certainly been of value. But I know that you don’t think you need something until you have it; I thought I could do without LR until I got it. How wrong I was.

On the other hand I don’t want to be forced into this decision by a glitch that they think they can fix and really ought to be able to fix. I will first await the outcome with Adobe.

10 minutes ago, Sally said:

Pleased to report that Adobe have done something at their end and the annoying problem is fixed. I can put off biting the bullet for a little longer :)

Do you mean they sent you an update or it just happened?

Biting the bullet is probably not an appropriate description anyway - it's more like a cherry. You also get the latest version of Photoshop as part of the deal which is a further major sweetener. 

6 hours ago, MDM said:

Do you mean they sent you an update or it just happened?

Biting the bullet is probably not an appropriate description anyway - it's more like a cherry. You also get the latest version of Photoshop as part of the deal which is a further major sweetener. 

It just happened. All I was sent was an email to tell they had closed the case. Weird how they can do that.

Will no doubt bite that cherry soon.

10 hours ago, Sally said:

It just happened. All I was sent was an email to tell they had closed the case. Weird how they can do that.

Will no doubt bite that cherry soon.

Odd. Very odd. 

I recommend sooner than later. If you are going to do it then why wait (unless your computer can't handle the latest one). LRCC is now way better than LR6. Payment is just under £10/month for the Photography plan. 

2 hours ago, MDM said:

Odd. Very odd. 

I recommend sooner than later. If you are going to do it then why wait (unless your computer can't handle the latest one). LRCC is now way better than LR6. Payment is just under £10/month for the Photography plan. 

Ok, cheers. New tax year will be a good time.

Archived