Just to be sure, check this:

- A common fail is to save the jpeg other than Baseline "Standard" in Photoshop.

Photoshop remembers its last setting in this dialog box. Even if you never use a different setting yourself, it can check a different box when you have saved a jpeg that previously had been saved as Baseline optimized or Progressive.

wim

That's only happened to me once or twice, but the last time was on Thursday - and I was sitting next to another photographer who uploaded at the same time and her pics didn't appear either. 

When uploading live news I NEARLY always wait until the images appear before leaving the cafe or wherever and going out to take more photos. This time I didn't, and didn't find the problem until I was on the way home.

Uploading has been very slow recently and, it seems, a bit less than reliable.

I sent a submission via FTP on Friday. Hours later it hadn't appeared, so I sent it again and, of course, now everything is there twice.

24 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

<snip> I sent a submission via FTP on Friday. Hours later it hadn't appeared, so I sent it again and, of course, now everything is there twice.

Yep, I've had that happen too. An upload can appear quickly in the live news feed, other times I've given up waiting, although AIM shows them available for sale. Can be frustrating. I think I've been lucky recently, no Alamy related issues.

Archived