We use cookies...each time

Roger Johansen

• 1 month later...

I don't see the Alamy site there. I go right to the Alamy site and the message is at the very top of the page. I ignore it. I'm assuming you are not allowed to continue unless you click it. Am I right??

Paulette

1 minute ago, NYCat said:

I don't see the Alamy site there. I go right to the Alamy site and the message is at the very top of the page. I ignore it. I'm assuming you are not allowed to continue unless you click it. Am I right??

Paulette

I don't have to click it to enter, but I always do because a part of my OCD make me do it :D

• 11 months later...

Hi Alamy,

To add to Roger's comment, pretty much every time I go on the Alamy Forum, smartphone or laptop, I get a cookies banner pop up asking me to either change the cookie settings for the website or accept all cookies. It's a bit annoying that it has to be clicked on every single time to remove it. It's very easy to programme a cookie banner to not reappear for e.g. 30 days or 90 days once a user has given consent. I'm pretty sure under GDPR you don't need to ask every single time someone accesses a website. In the meantime, you could provide a link on the forum to the cookie settings if someone really wanted to change them.

Hope you're all keeping well, and in the hope of less cookie banners,

Stephen

Don't know if this would help at all, and depending on which browser you're using, e.g. in Firefox there is a plug-in/add-on for that. Disables that particular pop-up/banner.  Or ignore the pop-up like Paulette says.  Have read up a bit more on this so have edited my comments.  In Alamy's T&Cs link on banner they say: You can manage the cookies we store from you on our website through your internet browser settings at any time.  Not giving an option to adjust cookie settings on the site itself, as Steve is suggesting.   So, probably best to use a plug-in or extension in your browser to disable the pop-up.  Don't know if Alamy would make the requested/recommended changes just because so many users are using VPNs (accessing the site from a location, country where they are not) and other privacy security features, auto-deleting cookies etc. and returning as a different user.  So they will display that banner every time.

Helen

Edited by hsessions