Please fix the forum

Sally

Lots of complaints for about a week now about new and unread posts not showing up properly. Please fix it as it is becoming increasingly annoying and, I for one, will give up on it soon if this persists.

Its probably cheeky but who are the hosts - and what do they think this problem is.  I have run successful forums off my own shared hosting and their ticket responses were quicker than this.  I would expect Alamy to be renting entire servers and it should not be tickets but a dedicated engineer jumping the minute there is an issue.  

If nothing else works apologise for losing some posts and roll the thing back to the last daily backup before the issue started.

15 minutes ago, Starsphinx said:

Its probably cheeky but who are the hosts - and what do they think this problem is.  I have run successful forums off my own shared hosting and their ticket responses were quicker than this.  I would expect Alamy to be renting entire servers and it should not be tickets but a dedicated engineer jumping the minute there is an issue.  

If nothing else works apologise for losing some posts and roll the thing back to the last daily backup before the issue started.

Hi there,

The issue is more complex than it appears and involves lots of complexity due to the single sign on credentials that you use for Alamy and the Forum, as well as other things like the links to your portfolio and the number of images you have which are all custom tweaks.

We're hoping for a fix soon.

Alamy

Archived