I have recently worked my way through my back catalogue of images and re key worded them. For example a shot of a ship wreck on the shore line of my local town , firstly I started with fort William Lochaber highlands Scotland uk as my first super tag followed by Loch Linnie boat ship wreck shoreline as the second and then all relevant keywords there after. What I would like to know is would I be better by rather than keeping all similar keywords in one supertag am I better to for example mix them up boat ship wreck shoreline fort William Scotland uk , basically as long as I include all relevant keywords somewhere. Which way would get me best results - hope this makes sense to somebody best Kenny Ferguson 

Do you mean that you put all of "boat ship wreck shoreline fort William Scotland uk" in one supertag? I think that Alamy's advice is to stick to one idea per tag eg "ship wreck" "fort william" etc. Others may know more but that's how I do it.

Sally thank you for reply originally I had one word super tags but I then thought I read that you could put multiple words in one tag and hence I have now added several in one - it’s not like my images aren’t being seen but I had just wondered if I should mix them up rather than for instance one tag being about where they were taken, thanks Kenny 

Sally thank you for reply originally I had one word super tags but I then thought I read that you could put multiple words in one tag and hence I have now added several in one - it’s not like my images aren’t being seen but I had just wondered if I should mix them up rather than for instance one tag being about where they were taken, thanks Kenny 

2 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

The multiple word tags is to allow us to include phrases like "scottish highlands" or "loch linnhe" as individual 'keywords'. I don't know how including all those words in one phrase will play out with your placement in searches. 

And also, at least in theory, if you have " fort William Lochaber highlands Scotland uk " as a supertag, it should make that image lower in search than one which just has 'Fort William' on a search for Fort William. In reality, that might be mitigated by having 'Fort William' in the caption, which currently has a high weighting, though that could change at any time.

Also if a searcher had the nous to search "Fort William" in quotes, those with that keyword have definitely been higher over the past several months. But not many searchers seem to do that, though I have no idea why not.

23 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

And also, at least in theory, if you have " fort William Lochaber highlands Scotland uk " as a supertag, it should make that image lower in search than one which just has 'Fort William' on a search for Fort William. In reality, that might be mitigated by having 'Fort William' in the caption, which currently has a high weighting, though that could change at any time.

Also if a searcher had the nous to search "Fort William" in quotes, those with that keyword have definitely been higher over the past several months. But not many searchers seem to do that, though I have no idea why not.

Archived