Infringement by speed camera website

Turns out my (and the Guardian's) favourite reindeer jumper/ pint of beer image has been ripped off by one of the so-called "safety camera partnerships" in the eastern part of the country for their drink-drive campaign this year.

Looks like they'll be getting a fixed-penalty notice from me, then. Cheers.

Good luck, though remember that in our contract: "16.2. Each party shall promptly inform the other of any actual or suspected infringement of copyright, loss of Images, breach of moral
rights or other matter giving rise to threat of proceedings or claims or demands in respect of any of the Images."
which I think means that Alamy should be  informed first.

9 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Good luck, though remember that in our contract: "16.2. Each party shall promptly inform the other of any actual or suspected infringement of copyright, loss of Images, breach of moral
rights or other matter giving rise to threat of proceedings or claims or demands in respect of any of the Images."
which I think means that Alamy should be  informed first.

I've already had a reply on it. I don't mention unconfirmed infringements on the forum.

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

I've already had a reply on it. I don't mention unconfirmed infringements on the forum.

Oh, fair enough then. If you're successful, let me know how you did it. I'm still getting nowhere with the Irish lawyer, and haven't had any sort of reply to my recorded delivery letter to the Law Society of Ireland.

It's all within the jurisdiction, so if it comes to it, it'll be a quick trip down to Fetter Lane for an IPEC small claim.

But I've not yet had to go that far. Infringers know the facts of life nowadays, and a public authority has lawyers on the strength who should know what's what, so beyond a bit of a runaround as to who to serve I don't anticipate any problems.

Just working on the demand at the moment.

Another thought on the Irish solicitor thing - if the Law Society of Ireland is not responding to the current approach they do have a media centre with press officers (I just googled) so maybe a contact with their press office asking how they think the Law Society is going to look in national press ignoring blatant image theft by a member and forcing a poor innocent hard working victim photographer to lose money chasing that theft.

There are times when the press officer can swing some serious weight in an organisation pointing out it is about to take one heck of a public relations hit if it doesnt sort itself fast - it is what they are paid for.

Archived