know what images have never been shown in searches

Hello,

This is my first message here although I’ve been reading the forum since I registered to alamy, a couple of years ago.

First of all, I would like to apologize for my poor English.

I have a question for some time now that I would like to ask. Is there any way to sort the images of the portfolio and know what images have never been seen? This way I could know which images have no interest here.

I know about alamy Measures, and every day I have a look at my images to see in which searched they have appear, if they have any zoom and so on, but I would like being able to know which ones have never appeared in any search.

Is that possible some way?

Thank you very much.

I don't think there's a way that you can automatically check your images for how many views each has had.  Instead you've got to do what you've been doing, checking in Alamy measures.  I don't keep track of views, but try to keep an eye on which ones images get zoomed.

I don't know of a quick way to do that. I suppose there is a long laborious way to check in measures for the last year which is by clicking on each individual blue linked search term. That shows which images of yours appeared in a search, the ones with the blue border being the ones which were zoomed in that search.  It would have been straight forward but very time consuming if you had a complete list of all your numbers and they followed a sequential pattern - you could simply put a tick or mark against ones viewed. However I noticed that it is the Alamy reference number which appears on the images making this a cross reference nightmare!

Sorry I can't think of any easier way.

5 hours ago, lophius said:

Thank you very much for the replies.

I thought that it could be useful in some way, but seeing the amount of work involved, the effort does not compensate the reward.

Cheers.

Besides, if the first person to view a file buys it, that's good!

I'm still finding that most of my sales are of older files, despite a big upsurge in uploading this year.

4 hours ago, JeffGreenberg said:

Images never viewed have no negative effect or ranking strength, AFAIK.

Its images viewed hundreds-thousands of times without being zoomed-sold

that can have negative effect...?

Unless they are the first ones the client gets to see. So the good ones are buried too far down.

I have a couple like that.

wim

5 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Unless they are the first ones the client gets to see. So the good ones are buried too far down.

I have a couple like that.

wim

I've got some like that too. If an image has previously been zoomed it will appear higher in search results when the same search is repeated. It's a real pain if the original zoom was perhaps a "what on earth is that?" type zoom. I have a detailed photo of an information sign at Loweswater that consistently appears before my other (arguably more saleable) images of Loweswater. The only way to stop it is to remove Loweswater from Caption and Supertags, or hope I get some zooms on my other images.

Unless of course Alamy have changed the algorithm again.

Mark

Archived