Keyword (and caption) suggestions please

Starsphinx

PRRCK1.jpgJust in the process of putting this image up - and I have captioned and keyworded it to the best of my ability but I am concerned I cannot find similar images so suspect my idea of search terms may be somewhat unique  - in which case my keywording and caption is going to be very wide of the mark when it comes to customers.  If there is a proper name for this I would be grateful but also if people could just type what they consider are obvious search terms for someone looking for this it would be appreciated.

It appears to be a cable anchor point for something, but it's not clear what is being anchored. Do you have a location or any other photos of the surroundings? ETA. I can't see the picture in the Alamy database yet so I can't see what caption or keywords you have put in so far.

Possibly a cable tensioning device, with what might be a strain gauge (with digital display) above it, but I can't tell at this size.  A version of something like this....

https://www.tensitron.com/tension-meter/cx-1

Plus a safety link in case the tensioner fails.

9 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

It appears to be a cable anchor point for something, but it's not clear what is being anchored. Do you have a location or any other photos of the surroundings? ETA. I can't see the picture in the Alamy database yet so I can't see what caption or keywords you have put in so far.

It is a temporary or mobile anchor for what I have termed a work platform (because again I cannot find any other pictures lol) on an electricity pylon.  I have various shots of the work being done -  pictures should be showing up now (some) as database updated

9 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Possibly a cable tensioning device, with what might be a strain gauge (with digital display) above it, but I can't tell at this size.  A version of something like this....

https://www.tensitron.com/tension-meter/cx-1

Plus a safety link in case the tensioner fails.

Its not got a digital display or anything but cable tensioning device sounds good.

I concur with Keith and Vincent on the ID of this setup as a hand winch. I can't find anything exactly the same as the one in your picture but it does look like a Tirfor manual winch or cable puller. If your original photo allows you may be able to see the maker's name on the black label on the side, in which case I would include it in your keywords. Other keywords I would consider adding are: manual hoist, portable manual hoist, cable puller, anchor block, temporary fence, wire rope winch, manual hoist.  

Brilliant thank you for your help.

I keep finding the whole "try and take pictures that are unique and no-one else has" to have some drawbacks.  Firstly they are less likely to be looked for and secondly keywording can be a real challenge lol

I do not actually go out deliberately to get unique shots - I just keep finding I have an unusual view of the world and what catches my eye is not what catches everyone elses.

1 hour ago, Graham Leese said:

I concur with Joseph this is a Tirfor, often used for pulling heavy equipment etc.

Search for Tirfor on Alamy brings up one image.;)

Allan

Archived