16GB Sandisk card corrupted - perhaps not

So it came to pass that one of my cards started to act strangely, I could record a photo, but not then access an enlarged view on the camera. Then it was reluctant to divulge its contents to the hard drive on my box. Can't be messing with unreliable kit I thought,  Into the bin with it.

I then thought again, retrieved it and cleaned the contacts - good as new!

Scrubbed the contacts on all of my cards....

Good to hear the problem was resolved. I tend to play safe, writing to both cards simultaneously incase a card ever failed. Chances of both cards failing would be very unlikely. In reality I haven't had a card fail for around 9 years, was a My Memory CF card. The Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s cards I use now have been very good.

Cleaning the contacts is a good tip to remember, Bryan. Merci.

I've taken to using 32MB cards and even have one 64MB. But a days shooting for me is not too much for those 16MB card. And I always carry a couple of extras. 

22 hours ago, Bryan said:

So it came to pass that one of my cards started to act strangely, I could record a photo, but not then access an enlarged view on the camera. Then it was reluctant to divulge its contents to the hard drive on my box. Can't be messing with unreliable kit I thought,  Into the bin with it.

I then thought again, retrieved it and cleaned the contacts - good as new!

Wish I could do that with my three faulty CF cards :(

Alan

Archived