Marb

Can't delete images once uploaded

Recommended Posts

is there any way to delete an image that has been uploaded for review and re-upload ? For the life of me I can't find any way of doing this. It's so frustrating as I accidently uploaded the wrong images and want to start again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the bottom of the optional tab. If it's already captioned it will be up for 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Marb said:

is there any way to delete an image that has been uploaded for review and re-upload ? For the life of me I can't find any way of doing this. It's so frustrating as I accidently uploaded the wrong images and want to start again.

You can’t delete until after it has passed QC, if that’s what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Marb said:

I don't see any tab.

The right-hand annotation tab in AIM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

The right-hand annotation tab in AIM.

Nope, nothing doing I am afraid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I know about that once it has been accepted, Thanks. What I mean is there is no way of deleting them prior to review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See Sally's response above.

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Marb said:

Yes, I know about that once it has been accepted, Thanks. What I mean is there is no way of deleting them prior to review.

No.

Saying so would have saved time.

BTW the usual term is "QC".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2018 at 11:55, spacecadet said:

No.

Saying so would have saved time.

BTW the usual term is "QC".

Sorry about that

Edited by Marb
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2018 at 10:38, spacecadet said:

At the bottom of the optional tab. If it's already captioned it will be up for 6 months.

 

If you contact Alamy contributor support with a valid reason to delete the image they will often delete it immediately for you.

 

I had a couple like that where there was an obvious technical fault with the image and it needed to be replaced.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well you should be able to delete any image in the submission queue  like any other site without the hassle of contacting support. I uploaded an image that was back to front (a transparency scan)  and needed to quickly re-submit the correct one. Now I have both images in the queue 

 

Edited by Marb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now