Stock photos by the same contributor

When clicking on any of the images in my portfolio, the section below the image selected - 'Stock photos by the same contributor' - currently only shows the same single image (one that sold a month or so ago) every time.  No other images appear.  Are others experiencing the same (either on their portfolios or mine)?

5 minutes ago, losdemas said:

When clicking on any of the images in my portfolio, the section below the image selected - 'Stock photos by the same contributor' - currently only shows the same single image (one that sold a month or so ago) every time.  No other images appear.  Are others experiencing the same (either on their portfolios or mine)?

Nope, mine shows the ones with similar tags.

I'm lucky to get any extra suggestions.  Mostly I have nothing.  Then some images have "Similar stock images" that are mine (but not all the ones I have).  Sometimes the image has "Similar stock images" that are mine mixed in with other people's images.

I think there is a very sophisticated algorithm working behind the scenes that makes it's own mind up.  Not always what I would call consistent or ideal.

Honestly, I don't even see the "stock photos by the same contributor" line anywhere.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

I've just clicked about ten of my recent (uploaded in the last fortnight) pics. All the ones I'd clicked only have 'similar images', not 'stock photos by the same contributor' (though I have seen that in the past) most of which aren't similar at all, but some of which include more of my own, where it's a fairly specific keyword set.

I just checked one image of people eating in a London city centre square. I have quite a few of this subject, from different angles. Again no 'stock photos by the same contributor. The 'similar images' has one of mine, two London city skyscraper shots, a photo of people eating in a city space in Melbourne and two other Melbourne photos (one a coat of arms, badly keyworded), and three photos of elephants taking tourists through a river in Laos (with an incredible number of keywords) by the same bloke.  I can't imagine how they have shown up as similar to my image,  but with c120 keywords, they'll presumably mis-match with many other photos.

Just now, Reimar said:

I think there is a very sophisticated algorithm working behind the scenes that makes it's own mind up.  Not always what I would call consistent or ideal.

I wouldn't call it 'sophisticated'. Seems more 'rough and ready'.

25 minutes ago, losdemas said:

I looked at your MMKEJRI and see a few others you did in that shoot and many, many photos of athletics competitions, from the Diamond League, Shanghai 2018. As 'similar stock images', not 'by same contributor'.

4 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I wouldn't call it 'sophisticated'. Seems more 'rough and ready'.

I agree.  I had my tongue in my cheek.  Alamy AI algorithms are a wonder to me sometimes (not always in a good way).

18 minutes ago, Reimar said:

I'm lucky to get any extra suggestions.  Mostly I have nothing.  Then some images have "Similar stock images" that are mine (but not all the ones I have).  Sometimes the image has "Similar stock images" that are mine mixed in with other people's images.

Honestly, I don't even see the "stock photos by the same contributor" line anywhere.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Nope, I'm not seeing any "stock photos by the same contributor" under your images, either. Checked quite a few.

18 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I've just clicked about ten of my recent (uploaded in the last fortnight) pics. All the ones I'd clicked only have 'similar images', not 'stock photos by the same contributor' (though I have seen that in the past) most of which aren't similar at all, but some of which include more of my own, where it's a fairly specific keyword set.

I just checked one image of people eating in a London city centre square. I have quite a few of this subject, from different angles. Again no 'stock photos by the same contributor. The 'similar images' has one of mine, two London city skyscraper shots, a photo of people eating in a city space in Melbourne and two other Melbourne photos (one a coat of arms, badly keyworded), and three photos of elephants taking tourists through a river in Laos (with an incredible number of keywords) by the same bloke.  I can't imagine how they have shown up as similar to my image,  but with c120 keywords, they'll presumably mis-match with many other photos.

I get the same results when viewing your portfolio. As with Reimar's port, I checked a few.

11 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I looked at your MMKEJRI and see a few others you did in that shoot and many, many photos of athletics competitions, from the Diamond League, Shanghai 2018. As 'similar stock images', not 'by same contributor'.

I believe that's a result of sloppy results being returned: the commonality being that the Diamond League, Shanghai 2018 results are also news images and taken on the same day as mine.  Hardly similar images! :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, losdemas said:

I believe that's a result of sloppy results being returned: the commonality being that the Diamond League, Shanghai 2018 results are also news images and taken on the same day as mine.  Hardly similar images! :rolleyes:

That's doubly sloppy, as yours are indeed news, but they should have been uploaded under 'sport'. :wacko:

Ho-hum.

Archived