hi guys...I know it takes time for zooms to convert to sales, but in your experience (I don't have my own data yet!) what have you seen as far as the ratio of zooms to sales? I have alot of zooms in the last few months and I am patiently (okay trying to be patient) waiting for some of them to turn into sales. Thanks for sharing.

Mandy

I don't know if there's a common answer, I don't see 'much' correlation, even with 'only zooms', but I am finding that almost all of my sales have been viewed.

It can be worth reverse-searching zoomed images (though it has been made more difficult recently :() to see what's coming up; you might also find abuses. I found one being used by - wait for it - a firm of solicitors :blink: by doing just that. I don't think it was they who zoomed, as the search wasn't very relevant to their business, it seems to me more likely they lifted it from a legit buyer online - currently being chased up by infringements.

I think it can take a long time for zooms to turn into sales. And some zooms never turn into sales as well as there are some sales that have never been zoomed. 

I've had one image licensed in April this year which was zoomed last year August (although it might not be related) and one image licensed in June which was zoomed in January. So it can take several months between a zoom and a sale showing up. 

But then I've also had a sale which was zoomed the day before but I think that's pretty rare. 

3 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I don't know if there's a common answer, I don't see 'much' correlation, even with 'only zooms', but I am finding that almost all of my sales have been viewed.

It can be worth reverse-searching zoomed images (though it has been made more difficult recently :() to see what's coming up; you might also find abuses. I found one being used by - wait for it - a firm of solicitors :blink: by doing just that. I don't think it was they who zoomed, as the search wasn't very relevant to their business, it seems to me more likely they lifted it from a legit buyer online - currently being chased up by infringements.

oh lovely...they obviously don't have a solid IP division.....I do keep a file of zoomed ones, but haven't found them anywhere as of yet.

1 minute ago, MandyD said:

oh lovely...they obviously don't have a solid IP division.....I do keep a file of zoomed ones, but haven't found them anywhere as of yet.

If you have an in-use, contact Alamy after 3 months if they haven't been notified, in case they need to be chased up.

I find a lot of my zoomed images just turn up on fake websites designed to earn money with Adwords. I’ll have to do the stats, but I don’t think very many of my sales have been zoomed. If there is more than several months gap between zoom and sale I’m not sure the two can be deemed to be related. 

1 minute ago, Sally said:

I find a lot of my zoomed images just turn up on fake websites designed to earn money with Adwords.

Yeah, that too, but also lifts of sold images. The trouble with that is that it means there are so many more copies out there for people to lift from. Especially when so many of them offer the files for free download. :(

nothing showing up in the reverse searches yet...the ones I have had that have converted to sales were zoomed in March and invoiced the last day of May...so I am hoping a few of the May ones will show up next week.

Archived