How long does it take to get paid?

Hi

I sold a picture 12th Jan and haven’t been paid yet. I understand buyers can change their mind but there hasnt been a refund. I understand also about the monthly pay run so I expected to get paid end of Feb. Then I read that alamy only pay when funds from buyer have cleared, I guess that makes sense. What I dont know is alamy’s credit terms for buyers. How long do buyers get to settle up? I’ve read everything on the FAQ cant find the answer.

thanks

4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

A sale can take 3 months to report, then it takes at least 45 days to clear.

Then you get paid at the end of the month in which payment clears assuming your cleared balance is over $50.

Ok so I need to be patient. Can the buyer change their mind during the 45 days? I think I read the limit on that is 30 days.

thanks 🙂

42 minutes ago, ACC said:

Ok so I need to be patient. Can the buyer change their mind during the 45 days? I think I read the limit on that is 30 days.

thanks 🙂

That's on the contract, but the de facto limit is much  longer. I've had a refund after five months,  viz after the money had been paid. I'd love to know the explanation for that!

1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

That's on the contract, but the de facto limit is much  longer. I've had a refund after five months,  viz after the money had been paid. I'd love to know the explanation for that!

I think i might have asked alamy about that one. So did you have to repay the money or did your account just go into deficit/minus?

Archived