Sign in to follow this  
Sally

Alamy Lightroom Bridge

Recommended Posts

Tried to used the plugin today and got an error message which has disabled the plugin. I wonder if Alamy has done a tweak which has caused the plugin not to work.  I have sent a query to the developer but just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. For me, it’s unusable at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I have solved this....seems to be a problem using different catalogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2018 at 09:09, Sally said:

Think I have solved this....seems to be a problem using different catalogs.

 

Thats interesting, because I may be posting from separate catalogs.

 

Was it an easy solution? Or are you still having the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost started another thread, glad I saw this by Sally.  I downloaded the plugin software and printed out the manual and thought this was pretty simple, considering myself pretty good with computers, software and building websites, yeah, a piece of cake.  Well, everything went pretty smooth after reading several post about the Bridge (and Sally seems to be one of the resident gurus on the plugin), I had the Set and Fetch Alamy Metadata done and thought well let's upload and see how she does.......uh oh, could not upload.  Went back to the forum post and found the one with the IT guy that was having trouble with the Lightroom Bridge plugin. I said uh oh!   Started looking at file naming as there was a lot of post about that, then I thought, man, my stuff is simple, I quit chasing that rabbit and went back to looking at upload.  I had read and seen the Scale to Megabytes  a couple of times and thought highlighting it had done it.  Then I said what is this insert button (part of the export dialog box), being familiar with electronics and software, I don't insert anything unless I know what is going to happen.  I hit the button - boom!  The export button lit up and I was ready to go!  Tested a couple of files and they are there at Alamy.!

 

Hope this helps someone in the future......

 

Barry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 02/08/2018 at 15:55, Bear said:

I almost started another thread, glad I saw this by Sally.  I downloaded the plugin software and printed out the manual and thought this was pretty simple, considering myself pretty good with computers, software and building websites, yeah, a piece of cake.  Well, everything went pretty smooth after reading several post about the Bridge (and Sally seems to be one of the resident gurus on the plugin), I had the Set and Fetch Alamy Metadata done and thought well let's upload and see how she does.......uh oh, could not upload.  Went back to the forum post and found the one with the IT guy that was having trouble with the Lightroom Bridge plugin. I said uh oh!   Started looking at file naming as there was a lot of post about that, then I thought, man, my stuff is simple, I quit chasing that rabbit and went back to looking at upload.  I had read and seen the Scale to Megabytes  a couple of times and thought highlighting it had done it.  Then I said what is this insert button (part of the export dialog box), being familiar with electronics and software, I don't insert anything unless I know what is going to happen.  I hit the button - boom!  The export button lit up and I was ready to go!  Tested a couple of files and they are there at Alamy.!

 

Hope this helps someone in the future......

 

Barry

Alamy Lightroom guru??! Nah, but I use it daily. I think it’s brilliant, but it does get spooked by tweaks that Alamy makes from time to time. I had a problem with fetching data because my automated import changed filenames which included a date with a low hyphen which the upload changed to a mid hyphen so the fetch data didn’t work. However the developer is great at responding to problems as they arise and issuing revised versions. The plugin works very well indeed and I recommend it to anyone. It does take a bit of work to get used to - not terribly intuitive. 

Edited by Sally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found a number of issues with the Bridge such as not picking up tag counts and not finding images that were submitted through the bridge that have passed QC, and I've worked with the Bridge Support team to track them down and test the fixes. They're a very helpful team by the way.

 

Anyway the upshot is there is a new version of the fix Version 1.0.7295 which is NOT the version on the standard download page. It can be found in the Beta download page here: https://lightroom-plugins.com/beta_download.php

 

I strongly recommend that you install this version if you are experiencing problems.

 

Russell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Russell said:

I have found a number of issues with the Bridge such as not picking up tag counts and not finding images that were submitted through the bridge that have passed QC, and I've worked with the Bridge Support team to track them down and test the fixes. They're a very helpful team by the way.

 

Anyway the upshot is there is a new version of the fix Version 1.0.7295 which is NOT the version on the standard download page. It can be found in the Beta download page here: https://lightroom-plugins.com/beta_download.php

 

I strongly recommend that you install this version if you are experiencing problems.

 

Russell

Likewise I have had occasional problems due to doing something outwith the normal process eg resubmitting an image which then has a different Alamy reference, but the team are dedicated to tracking down any problems and fixing them. Likewise I am using the beta but I’ve found it has one problem not recording recent sales since July 18th, for some reason. I have reported it to them. I wonder if anyone else has noticed that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sally said:

 I’ve found it has one problem not recording recent sales since July 18th, for some reason. I have reported it to them. I wonder if anyone else has noticed that?

Ah, but that presupposes that I've had some sales since 18/7!!!!!:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this