Following on from my previous enquiry about the NEX 6 camera.

Does anyone who uses said camera have any images (both full size and at 100%) they would not mind sharing with me so that I may access the quality of the images from this model.

It might be useful if you could mention the lens used and any other relevant details, (ISO, etc).

If you do not want to publish to a wide audience you could PM me with them.

I assure you I will delete them from my computer as soon as I have assessed the quality.

Allan

Following on from my previous enquiry about the NEX 6 camera.

Does anyone who uses said camera have any images (both full size and at 100%) they would not mind sharing with me so that I may access the quality of the images from this model.

Why not take look at the samples on DPReview? See http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-alpha-nex-6/23 . You can download full size versions of any of them. You may find the 23 page review useful as well where there are jpeg and raw comparisons and you can download the raw version of the studio shots.

You are better off looking at DPreview, but I have posted some actual pixel crops here  and here

The kit lens is OKish, quite sharp in the centre but showing substantial distortion wide open. The Sony software or LR corrects the distortion but at a cost in pixels lost.  I have had several images from it through QC here. It does have the considerable advantage of being a compact design. You can pocket (coat pocket!) the camera with it in place. It's quite incredible to have combined an auto focus image stabilised zoom design in such a small package.

The Sony 55-210 is a better lens in my view, not perfect, but very good value for the money.

The 16-70 f4 Zeiss may well be the glass to buy, awaiting reviews with considerable interest. Fixed focal length Zeiss glass out of my price bracket. Sigma 19mm  satisfactory/good.

Bryan, I agree with your blog post. It would be nice if Mr Sigma (or Ms Tamron) would come out with an affordable, stabilized 16-70 zoom for the NEX cameras.

Mind you, I don't have any real issues with the Sony 18-55, at least not with the 14MP NEX-3. Perhaps I got a good version of this lens.

Bryan, I agree with your blog post. It would be nice if Mr Sigma (or Ms Tamron) would come out with an affordable, stabilized 16-70 zoom for the NEX cameras.

Indeed.

I will have to sell gear if I decide to buy the Zeiss.

Bryan, Thank you for posting the links above. I have had a good look at them and noted your valuable comments.

I think I will buy body only and start by using two or three of my wider Leica lenses with adapter from SRB-Grittern to see how things go then consider auto and zoom lenses when other makes come to the market.

Not overly keen on the Sony standard kit lenses.

Allan

Archived