I just had a distributor sale to Estonia for the lowest amount I ever got for a picture. It possibly doesn't pay for the electricity my computer is using while I'm typing this post.

Since there is a chance that this picture will be copied by other users and used for free, I would prefer to make my images unavailable to Estonia (sorry, Estonians).

Is it possible to do that?

I would also like to say that I had a few nice sales recently and that I'm generally quite happy to have Alamy selling my pictures.

10 hours ago, spacecadet said:

The tuppeny-hapenny sales are annoying, sure (just had a couple from Slovenia) but they still contribute to your rank. They might be worth it for that alone.

That's the way I feel. I see these minuscule sales -- disappointing as they can be -- as rank-boosters more than anything else.

P.S. I'm not sure that I had even heard of Estonia before I joined Alamy. No doubt it's a lovely little country, though.

1 hour ago, funkyworm said:

It is a lovely country.

Not to be a photographer though. Their market has been swamped with images from photographers accepting micro prices "buying rank" on Alamy. ;)

Plus they haven't started any lovely wars lately AFAIK.

I've only had three Estonia sales, a pair in 2010 for $13.17 each and another for $5.57 in 2017. It's not exactly a huge market to flood I would think.

Personally, I don't feel that I'm "buying rank," just being realistic. I'm seeing almost as many super-low direct sales as I am distributor ones these days.

Archived