Question about license and rates...

Don't think I've seen anything like this before. The rights below were purchased for $5.24. Is this a new normal, or am I missing something?

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Entertainment & Leisure
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 April 2018
End: 01 April 2023
Single placement and design, duration in perpetuity.

I am getting a suspiciously high number of these 'commercial electronic' and 'personal use' sales compared to last year and the amounts are ridiculously low. I don't know why, but I suspect buyers are not declaring correct usage. I have already caught one 'personal use' sale being used for commercial advertising. But it seems that does not help because even commercial rates are pretty low for websites.

Not sure. Everything I know about it was in the OP.

Two days after that, I got a decent RF sale and another 2 days and I get one of the larger RM sales I've had here and the largest in over six years, so I guess it works out. 

• 3 months later...

Another Great Sale. Any size in perpetuity rights manages for a buck and a quarter

06 September 2018 Rights Managed Country: Worldwide
Usage: NU Editorial website and app multiple use, Editorial website and app multiple use
Media: Editorial website and app multiple use
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Start: 06 September 2018
Duration: In perpetuity
$ 1.25

10 minutes ago, Darryl said:

Another Great Sale. Any size in perpetuity rights manages for a buck and a quarter

06 September 2018 Rights Managed Country: Worldwide
Usage: NU Editorial website and app multiple use, Editorial website and app multiple use
Media: Editorial website and app multiple use
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Start: 06 September 2018
Duration: In perpetuity
$ 1.25

You can opt out of Novel Use. Though sadly if you didn't do it when you signed up, you have to wait until the window opens in April (IIRC).

Put a note in your diary.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, just had four more of these. They were all similar shots of Aruba. They were all $1.25. Three were RM and one was RF. All were unlimited in perpetuity.  The only difference in the rights between the RM and RF was that there was a size limit on the RF.

Archived