poor discoverability photos

Mohannad

Don't worry about discoverability not being optimised. If you search the forum you'll find lots of discussions about it. 

PS. It's best to post questions in the "Ask the forum" section, you'll get a faster resonse.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I agree - don't worry. Having the right keywords is HUGELY important, but that is not reflected by the 'discoverability'.

Put a lot of effort into getting good captions and tags, and stop when you are happy and don't worry about turning that line green

• 8 months later...

I`ve found having 40 tags gives a green line and good discoverability...  they don`t all come to me at the time of posting, so have to rack my brain to come up with relevant tags... and the keyword (no pun intended :0) is RELEVANT!   Make sure to star all 10 super tags and fill in the optional section. To have optimized visibility you must have all 50 tags.

Another reason for perhaps not maxing out on supertags or 50 keywords for that matter, apart from the fact that I've not read any experienced contributor suggesting that it might be worthwhile, is that when you come back to group edit pictures after thinking of a particular new keyword that is good enough to be a supertag for all of them is that you can't apply it across a batch where are some already have 10 supertags, AIM will tell you which ones are the problem and offer to remove them but that leaves you with the problem of finding those afterwards. If you are like me, learning the ropes, then perhaps leave a bit of leeway to begin with.

I haven't read anyone that thinks the Discoverability bar is a good idea in its present form so it's quite surprising to me that it hasn't been revised before now.

Remember turning that bar green doesn't trigger anything that suddenly makes your image more discoverable or higher ranking. In itself, it means nothing.

It is meant to be an indication of whether you have added enough stuff, but is, objectively, in the opinion of some, perhaps (definitely) almost meaningless. 

If you have a picture of a cat and add the names of fifty dog breeds as tags, the line will turn green. But is that necessarily a good idea...?

Archived