Image library and keywording

I understand from a post on here that  poor discoverability is not something I should be worried about.

However because of this I have been checking on some of these in Image manager.

Perhaps somebody can explain why all the keywords for an image to the right are greyed out? Including the blue starred Super tags? many of these are not relevant and I have no idea why they are associated with a particular image. So what do I do, click on all the relevant and hit save or do nothing?

You have more than one image selected. One of the tricky things about this Image Manager. If you are not sure which ones are selected just click on Clear Selection at the top. Then proceed with each image separately unless you want some images to share keywords. Then you select both and as you click on the grey tags they will become common to both images.

Paulette

hmm, okay but why if I select two similar images am I getting totally different keywords than are on both individually?

So are the greyed out ones suggestions? 

If I delete a tag does that delete it from just selected images or from everything?

Edit: if I have 2 selected it has totally different selection than the two individually

3 minutes ago, Steve Tucker said:

hmm, okay but why if I select two similar images am I getting totally different keywords than are on both individually?

So are the greyed out ones suggestions? 

If I delete a tag does that delete it from just selected images or from everything?

Edit: if I have 2 selected it has totally different selection than the two individually

If you have more than one image selected, the greyed out tags/keywords are the ones that don't appear on all of the images.  If you select these and they become black, then they will appear on all images you have selected.  If they are in grey, you must have chosen them for at least one of the selected images.

When multiple images are selected, deleting a tag deletes it from all.

5 minutes ago, Steve Tucker said:

It deletes from all images you have selected that have that tag. I'm struggling to understand what you mean with the other issues, sorry. Maybe just try working on individual images until you've become more experienced with it.

OK Im getting there I think, one last question if I may

I have two images, unrelated but similar in that they are both aerial views over a similar area. Both are in the county of Derbyshire, on one the image is a supertag on the other it is not?

6 minutes ago, Steve Tucker said:

OK Im getting there I think, one last question if I may

I have two images, unrelated but similar in that they are both aerial views over a similar area. Both are in the county of Derbyshire, on one the image is a supertag on the other it is not?

Click on the grayed super tag, and it will become a super tag for both, then delete the duplicate non super tag. Just play around with it. You'll get the hang of it.  If you mess up, you can always click cancel changes, or do it over. 

Archived