Jump to content

sale refunded


Recommended Posts

hi, I'm new in the forum. 
I had sales in November and I was canceled in January, the same day the same photo was bought back in the same country with the same type of use. Why did the refund happen? Also because my account went in red?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Barbara said:

hi, I'm new in the forum. 
I had sales in November and I was canceled in January, the same day the same photo was bought back in the same country with the same type of use. Why did the refund happen? Also because my account went in red?

 

This happens sometimes, unfortunately. The new price will often be somewhat lower. Seems to be the case for you, as well. That the account goes in red has also been seen before.

 

Niels

Edited by Niels Quist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I had a refund of a sale in September 2017 on the 2nd. January 2018. It was strange because it was for the exact same amount and same details of sale. As Neils said, it's usually for a smaller amount.

 

Barbara, you've done well to get a sale with 24 images uploaded!

 

John.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Barbara said:

hi, I'm new in the forum. 
I had sales in November and I was canceled in January, the same day the same photo was bought back in the same country with the same type of use. Why did the refund happen? Also because my account went in red?

You have very nice images. You need to continuously add more well thought out images to make a few sales a month here.

”tranquil scene” is a MS term, I don’t believe that is a phrase used and searched here. Many years ago I briefly had a MS account and recognize that term. Very occasionally I might use “serene” or serenity. Usually not, though.

That said, it won’t hurt your image by leaving it in.

Betty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Stokie said:

Yes I had a refund of a sale in September 2017 on the 2nd. January 2018. It was strange because it was for the exact same amount and same details of sale. As Neils said, it's usually for a smaller amount.

 

Barbara, you've done well to get a sale with 24 images uploaded!

 

John.

Actually I already had another sale, I know I have a few photos, but the lighthouse is quite special.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

You have very nice images. You need to continuously add more well thought out images to make a few sales a month here.

”tranquil scene” is a MS term, I don’t believe that is a phrase used and searched here. Many years ago I briefly had a MS account and recognize that term. Very occasionally I might use “serene” or serenity. Usually not, though.

That said, it won’t hurt your image by leaving it in.

Betty

Thank you Betty, thanks for the tip, slowly I'm trying to upload photos, but it takes a long time :-(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Barbara said:

Actually I already had another sale, I know I have a few photos, but the lighthouse is quite special.

 

Barbara, keep uploading images of the quality you have now, and I think you'll have many more sales.  You have an excellent photographers "eye".  I look forward to seeing more.  Many here have said quality really does sell.  But, like Betty alluded to, good keywording is a critical key to getting your images seen.  Good luck!!

 

Rick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If only I had been so lucky to sell with that few of images! I think I had 400-500 images before I had my first sale, a hummingbird. And back then, competition wasn’t nearly as steep as it is now.

But I also didn’t understand what made a good stock image. A good photograph isn’t necessarily a good stock image.

Betty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rick Lewis said:

 

Barbara, keep uploading images of the quality you have now, and I think you'll have many more sales.  You have an excellent photographers "eye".  I look forward to seeing more.  Many here have said quality really does sell.  But, like Betty alluded to, good keywording is a critical key to getting your images seen.  Good luck!!

 

Rick

thank you for your suggestion. I try to upload photos that have the best quality, but the search for keywords is complicated and difficult, I agree that good words make it easier to find the picture!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.