I think syncing was the whole point of the new AIM. There are always things to wish for, but it does sync. Albeit manually of course, and per tag, but that's a good feature.

Have you read the (f) manual?

http://www.alamy.com/myupload/help/AIM-InstructionManual.pdf

page 19: working on multiple images.

wim

3 hours ago, tarsierspectral said:

What do you mean by "syncing various photos"?

I mean transferring keywords, captions, etc to another photo or photos with one key stroke. In LR you choose one photo and then choose various others, hit sync settings, and all the photos take the settings of the first photo. I'll take a look at the AIM manual on p. 19. So, you can do that by making uncommon tags common. But I can't see a way of doing it for captions and other data?

I mean transferring keywords, captions, etc to another photo or photos with one key stroke. In LR you choose one photo and then choose various others, hit sync settings, and all the photos take the settings of the first photo. I'll take a look at the AIM manual on p. 19. So, you can do that by making uncommon tags common. But I can't see a way of doing it for captions and other data?

No one keystroke solutions in AIM.

You can do that in the spreadsheet that Contributor Relations will give to you if you're a super-user and ask.

My guess is that with 5000+ images, one qualifies.

However there's a lot of damage one can do with a spreadsheet.

wim

33 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

No one keystroke solutions in AIM.

You can do that in the spreadsheet that Contributor Relations will give to you if you're a super-user and ask.

My guess is that with 5000+ images, one qualifies.

However there's a lot of damage one can do with a spreadsheet.

wim

A spreadsheet? Wonder how that works. I'm just over 5000 images now, so maybe I'll ask. I do like the new AIM - it's a pretty neat tool - but still no full syncing. Thanks for your help Wim.

Archived