Deleting multiple keywords in the current AIM?

Apologies if the answer to this question is found buried in the catacombs of the forum...

I'm revamping keywords to around 4000 images (contributed prior to the new AIM) and it's proving very tedious, as many of them require a large number of keywords to be be deleted.

Can anyone advise if it's possible to delete more than 1 keyword at time please?

I don't think it is possible to delete several keywords simultaneously on one particular image.

The best alternative, if the keywords concerned are common across a number of images, is to select more than one image at a time. You can then delete the errant keyword or keywords. When you click on save the delete is applied to all the selected images.

Obviously, you need to be careful and well organised to do this successfully, but it is faster than deleting one keyword  at a time, one image at a time.

It's not possible. I posted about this ages ago as my most desireable modification to the new AIM and nothing has yet happened if anybody has even paid any attention. A button to delete all keywords would mean it would be possible to paste in a new set from existing images through searching in the main search engine (not in AIM). However, the latest incarnation of the search engine with individual tags rather than text means that it is now incredibly fiddly to copy and paste keywords in anyway. The method Joseph suggests works for small numbers of images but is still very tedious and the AIM does some weird stuff when you select more than a few (or it did last time I checked)

There is some sort of workaround: you can drag tags on top of each other and after the limit has been reached, they vanish. Which leaves you with the last tag to delete by clicking the x.

Or try clicking the x if you use a tablet and pen - like many photographers do, but not many UX designers. They seem to use their fingers on an iPad, which is the other way that has been suggested that sort of works.

If someone knows/has found/finds a better workaround, please tell us.

The third way is to use the spreadsheet. With 4000 images probably your best bet. Ask Member Services Contributor Relations

wim

18 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

There is some sort of workaround: you can drag tags on top of each other and after the limit has been reached, they vanish. Which leaves you with the last tag to delete by clicking the x.

Or try clicking the x if you use a tablet and pen - like many photographers do, but not many UX designers. They seem to use their fingers on an iPad, which is the other way that has been suggested that sort of works.

If someone knows/has found/finds a better workaround, please tell us.

The third way is to use the spreadsheet. With 4000 images probably your best bet. Ask Member Services Contributor Relations

wim

Thank you very much Wim. I tried dragging the tags and that is faster than deleting them singly. I don't use a tablet or a pen (maybe I should invest in one for my PC). I don't know about the spreadsheet or how to use it, but I'll contact Contributor relations as you suggested. :)

I have now been in touch with Shelley at Customer relations, and she is organizing a spreadsheet to be pulled up for me, which I can then use to change my keywords, send it back and then changes can be applied at Alamy's end.

She also told me that they are looking into the possibility of adding the option for multiple deletes of keywords, but there is no time frame for this, as yet.

I'm also going to buy a fairly inexpensive tablet and pen as suggested by @wiskerke to see if that speeds up things in the meantime.

Thanks again for the help.

Archived