Can you see if your photos have had views

Hi there,

Welcome. Yes, once you've got some images shown as being on sale (you've submitted to Alamy QC, they've approved (hopefully) and you've keyworded your pictures), then if you go down to "Alamy Measures" near the bottom of the dashboard, views and zooms are there.

Steve

17 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Hi there,

Welcome. Yes, once you've got some images shown as being on sale (you've submitted to Alamy QC, they've approved (hopefully) and you've keyworded your pictures), then if you go down to "Alamy Measures" near the bottom of the dashboard, views and zooms are there.

Steve

Worth noting though that it's not working at the moment. Alamy are working on it.

11 hours ago, RedRedRobin said:

Perfect thanks guys. Looking forward to the money rolling in....:D

Add 000 to that 3 you have, and maybe $$ will trickle in....:lol:

Looked at your first image. big wheel

liverpool eye

liverpool

sad

teen

thoughtful

tourist

travel

These tags don’t fit the image. I cant tell it’s a teen, could be any age. Liverpool and Liverpool eye...I see no Liverpool eye, and the image (subject matter) is so generic it could have been taken anywhere.

travel? Maybe if I could see the Liverpool eye.

sad? Where is that expression?

same with thoughtful.

The rest of the tags work.  The ones I listed might get you views that won’t result in a sale but bring your CTR down.

I really like the image, especially with the water streaming off her foot.

Hope this will make you “thoughtful” about tagging, but not “sad”. :D

Thanks Betty I"m new to all this. Only 3 images as that's all you can do to start off - but more coming!!

Regards tagging - I see your points - I tried looing at other similar image's taggs.

The Liverpool Eye/Big Wheel is in the image subtly in the reflection. Very Subtle!

Sad/Thoughtful were more to convey the mood of the photo. As a designer I tried to think what I'd like to see if I typed in thoese taggs.

What is CTR? Is is bad getting views that don't end in a sale? Obviously you want a sale - but getting as many as possible views surely helps? Would I be better to remove the ones that do not fit?

Thanks for your comments.

CTR: Click-Through Ratio. It's the ratio of zooms (i.e. clicks on the thumbnail) to views. A higher CTR says that customers are more interested in looking more closely at your image. CTR is one of the determining factors of Alamy rank, and rank determines where your images appear in a search relative to other contributors.

So it follows that too many views without zooms can hurt your rank, and a sure-fire way of getting zoomless views is to include keywords that are not relevant to what actually appears in the image. Someone looking for a picture of the Liverpool Eye will want to see the Liverpool Eye, not a puddle underneath it unless the Eye is clearly defined in the puddle. In this case I don't think it is.

Alan

Archived