Jump to content

CTR affects ranking in a bad way


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

with yesterday' PU sale i've come to the 4 sales in a row with the image being searched from other sources than Alamy.

May be the customer did a Google search or may be he/she found my image link in a large image bank around the Net.

The fact is : none of my images display on Zooms or Sales, therefore i can't really know which keywords generated the sale.

So CTR is affected in a bad way, because i had sales from various topics but for these keywords associated to these searches my ranking remains the old  one. 

Edited by KODAKovic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

Hi all,

with yesterday' PU sale i've come to the 4 sales in a row with the image being searched from other sources than Alamy.

May be the customer did a Google search or may be he/she found my image link in a large image bank around the Net.

The fact is : none of my images display on Zooms or Sales, therefore i can't really know which keywords generated the sale.

So CTR is affected in a bad way, because i had sales from various topics but for these keywords associated to these searches my ranking remains the old  one. 

 

Alamy only record zooms and views from selected customers. If your customer wasn't one of those (very likely with PU sales), then their search activity wouldn't have been recorded. Sales without a corresponding zoom or view in Alamy Measures is very common. Probably 75% of my sales don't appear to have been zoomed according to my data in Alamy Measures. 

 

Don't worry too much about CTR. It's believed that actual sales have a much larger effect on ranking (certainly that fits with my experience). My CTR is only average, but sales have pulled my ranking up.

 

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

 

Don't worry too much about CTR. It's believed that actual sales have a much larger effect on ranking (certainly that fits with my experience). My CTR is only average, but sales have pulled my ranking up.

 

Mark

 

+1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

 

So these are unreported sales? Sales you have found yourself? I've never had a sale not reported in "My Images"

 

Jill

 

It may depend where he means. I always see my sales count in the summary, but a detailed line entry (i.e. showing the search term resulting in the sale) is usually missing, because it was a sale for which the search wasn't recorded. Occasionally I see a sale against a search term, but it's rare.

 

Mark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

 

It may depend where he means. I always see my sales count in the summary, but a detailed line entry (i.e. showing the search term resulting in the sale) is usually missing, because it was a sale for which the search wasn't recorded. Occasionally I see a sale against a search term, but it's rare.

 

Mark

 

Mark that's my case, i don't know which sales for which keywords

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.