CD/DVD Printing Software

Hi all,

Partly a warning and also a question.

I am trying to print to my archive CDs - (white face for direct printing - not stick on labels).  Using Canon ip7250 printer

Up to now I've successfully used Acoustica Label Printer but it refuses to open now.  Looking at forums it appears to be a general problem with Win 10.

I went to download the latest version from the official Acoustica site and Bitdefender blocked it totally stating it had detected Ransomware in the download!   I aborted the download.

So, my question is - any recommendations for an alternative and easy to use disc printing software package ?

12 hours ago, Martin P Wilson said:

Seriously why not create a template in Word, PS, Publisher or similar?

Not sure how that would instruct my CD printer to operate and produce printed CD/DVD faces.  I need professionally printed results so a sharpie is not the solution for me :) .  

John

17 hours ago, John Walker said:

Hi all,

Partly a warning and also a question.

I am trying to print to my archive CDs - (white face for direct printing - not stick on labels).  Using Canon ip7250 printer

Up to now I've successfully used Acoustica Label Printer but it refuses to open now.  Looking at forums it appears to be a general problem with Win 10.

I went to download the latest version from the official Acoustica site and Bitdefender blocked it totally stating it had detected Ransomware in the download!   I aborted the download.

So, my question is - any recommendations for an alternative and easy to use disc printing software package ?

Maybe you should try downloading it again.

I've just downloaded Acoustica-CD-Label-Maker-Installer.exe and checked it in the best online checker Virus Total and none of the engines, including Bitdefender, detected anything wrong with it. Here is the results page.

The Acoustica company's website states it will work with Windows 10.  (It will even work under Linux.)

Personally I have used CorelDraw for printing CDs, but since my dedicated Epson 2100/2200 printer stopped, I have stopped too.

I can see the advantages of the Acoustica program: easy circular printing around the hole and the edge is nifty. Easy shifting of the page when the CD is not perfectly aligned is nice too. All this can be done by hand of course, but this looks like a really neat solution. All the other features like importing a title list for music CDs are useful too. Maybe were, because only very few people still use the CD format now. My last job was about three years ago, and that was after two or three years with no printing at all. No wonder my printer gave up.

BTW - Never use sharpies or labels: most of my archives on DVDs that have those are unreadable. Even some of those that I have written using a DVD safe pen.

All the ones that I have printed directly are fine.

Are you sure windows 10 is the problem?

wim

edit: typo

17 minutes ago, Martin P Wilson said:

Are you downloading from SourceForge by any chance? I have had, and seen reported, issues with inappropriate additions. It used to be a common service used for free and shareware. I avoid Sourceforge these days.

Acoustica has it's own download.

SourceForge is for open source or free software. AFAIK the malware problem was stopped a year ago. It was the result of a much promoted and much maligned feature of the service to allow money making through affiliate schemes. The malware was mostly adware, advertising stuff, no viruses. If there's adware in a download it has a warning now.

However I would use GitHub for open source software.

wim

Thanks all,

I was downloading direct from Acoustica's website.  Tried once more last night and it was aborted again as containing Ransomware.
I found an older version of Canon's CD/DVD printing software that works very similar to Acoustica - Canon Easy Photo.  Problem solved.

John

Archived