How long between Usage and Sale?

Hi

Fairly new here so wanted to ask a question - how long is there usually between usage of a photo and it being recorded as a sale?

I had a zoom on Friday and then found my photo had been used by the Guardian online - however there is nothing to indicate a sale. Is this usual?

Many Thanks

1 hour ago, Kneon Light said:

Hi

Fairly new here so wanted to ask a question - how long is there usually between usage of a photo and it being recorded as a sale?

I had a zoom on Friday and then found my photo had been used by the Guardian online - however there is nothing to indicate a sale. Is this usual?

Many Thanks

Typically 1-3 months, but can sometimes be even longer.

9 hours ago, Kneon Light said:

Hi

Many Thanks

I had one which appeared on May 26 and sale recorded June 30.

Kneon Light

Suggest if you are thinking of querying a sale with Alamy, particularly a newspaper sale, leave it a minimum of 3 months as it often takes that long to come through

Regards

Kumar (the Doc one)

Archived