distributor sale with clear name

Guest Stockfotoart

Guest Stockfotoart
On 3.6.2017 at 23:42, wiskerke said:

Maybe your full name is in the Exif or IPTC fields?

wim

In reporting on use of Alamy images in the "Have you seen any..." threads, photos in GEO that come through Mauritius are shown with the pseudonym. 

That makes it pretty hard to explain why it would be different in your case.

In reporting on use of Alamy images in the "Have you seen any..." threads, photos in GEO that come through Mauritius are shown with the pseudonym. 

That makes it pretty hard to explain why it would be different in your case.

I also report in that thread and I have seen instances where the credit is different from the contributor's name. It's definitely the same image as I do a Google reverse search which gives me the Alamy ID.

As an aside, I just reported an image found on the BBC website. It had a warning in capital letters: ATTENTION EDITORS: MANDATORY CREDIT: PHOTO: JOHANNES SCHMITT-TEGGE/JOSHUA LINER GALLERY/ERIC YAHNKE. 

Reality? Credit:Alamy.

How did they expect such a long credit line?

Gen

Maybe your full name is in the Exif or IPTC fields?

wim

no Wim it isn't

Not all cameras allow this, but the ones that are capable of it, write my name into the exif of every image.

I believe this is not stripped when the file gets send to the client.

Maybe just ask contributors@alamy (formerly memberservices) how this could have happened.

I have never seen it, but then again my pseudos are not that different from my actual name, which I also use as my contributor name.

Have you tried google searches like "your actual name" alamy?

Or: "your actual name" site:mauritius-images.com.

Or: "your actual name" site alamy.com.

Maybe it turns up somewhere else.

wim

Archived