Monopods with feet!

Jansos

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a lightweight, not too expensive (<£80), monopod with extendable feet? I had a look at some today in a London camera shop but wasn't particularly impressed with stability. This website has some suggestions but as with everything I would prefer a direct recommendation from folk that use them.

Thanks in advance. John

More than £80, but it is also a whole lot more than a stick with feet. Wholeheartedly recommend Sirui P-324S. Use it for both stills and video, both with a ballhead and Manfrotto videohead - sometimes it doubles up as a flashstand, or mic stand - extremely usable, not to mention having a walking stick for longer walks.

http://www.sirui.eu/en/products/monopods/ps-series/

img62438667.jpg

Monopods are great for heavy lenses, as long as you only need to pan them side to side and not up or down.  That's why you see them with sports photographers on the sidelines football and baseball games.  The ones with feet are doubly useless because they really don't go side to side very well.  

Monopods are great for heavy lenses, as long as you only need to pan them side to side and not up or down.  That's why you see them with sports photographers on the sidelines football and baseball games.  The ones with feet are doubly useless because they really don't go side to side very well.  

The Sirui has what I can best describe as a bottom ballhead - i.e. you can loosen it at the bottom (with adjustable tension) to be able to move it freely in any direction. Also just below the handle you can unlock it to allow for panning left/right. Obviously you can also put on a ballhead or video fluid head on top. Not a replacement for a tripod, but great many uses.

• 1 year later...

Archived