Front page - click through from featured images

wiskerke

It would be nice if there was a big button on the featured image on the cover page: go to this photographer's images.

(It would have to go to the particular pseudo of that image.)

That way the photographer (or agency) might get some benefit from the fact he/she is featured.

I still think there should be a watermark on the images.

wim

yes, though (uncluttered) homepage real estate is prime+, a potential client interested in featured photo/its-photographer would surely appreciate bread crumbs leading to it - even a small live link or small button in corner

In the lower right corner is an "i" button that reveals the info needed. Don't know when it first appeared or if it was always there. It's not a link, though, which would be the easiest way to the photographer's portfolio.

In the lower right corner is an "i" button that reveals the info needed. Don't know when it first appeared or if it was always there. It's not a link, though, which would be the easiest way to the photographer's portfolio.

I know the i button, because someone told me it was there on the old forum. So it's not that obvious. I had taken it for a like button.

When you make your browser window smaller, the button does not scale with it. So its size is perfect for viewing on my phone.

My question or proposal was for a serious button and a direct link, so the photographer just might get some sales or at least some visits to his/her portfolio.

Slightly more sophisticated would be to signal the contributor that this is coming up, and could he/she please have a light box ready with 20 images to point to. Now that would be really neat. And it would look as if Alamy had a team just dedicated to the task of picking the cover shots and showcasing the chosen contributor's work. ;-)

wim

It would be possible / easy to put a large, prominent watermark (or even a black hole) on the image exactly where the search box is. It wouldn't spoil the view of the front page but would make the image unusable if downloaded.

It would be possible / easy to put a large, prominent watermark (or even a black hole) on the image exactly where the search box is. It wouldn't spoil the view of the front page but would make the image unusable if downloaded.

That was the solution I proposed initially. The problem is the place of the search box is not the same for different formats. Try resizing your browser window. On my (Android) smartphone the image stretches either way, so the image gets distorted a lot, but not the box.

Still there must be a way to put a watermark somewhere.

wim

Archived